Singapore Expats

Bubble Tea Fans

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
joeyy
Chatter
Chatter

Bubble Tea Fans

Post by joeyy » Thu, 10 Oct 2019 2:42 pm

Any bubble tea fans here? Singapore has been bringing in so much so much different brands of bubble tea. Which is your favourite one? :mrgreen:

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Bubble Tea Fans

Post by abbby » Fri, 11 Oct 2019 12:40 pm

I like the milk tea and I also love Coffee bean's ice blended...addictive, but have to watch the calories and sugar..
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

joeyy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by joeyy » Fri, 11 Oct 2019 2:48 pm

Which milk tea brand do you usually go for? Personally after trying here and there, I still preferred KOI. keke. But there's still some I have yet to try. Any good recommendation that can beat KOI? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

tt1973
Chatter
Chatter

Post by tt1973 » Fri, 11 Oct 2019 2:52 pm

[-( [-( [-( Fattening, dont drink so much

joeyy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by joeyy » Fri, 11 Oct 2019 2:52 pm

tt1973 wrote:
Fri, 11 Oct 2019 2:52 pm
[-( [-( [-( Fattening, dont drink so much
Unable to resist 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: HAHA
Probably weekly 1 cup. HAHA

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Tue, 17 Dec 2019 10:23 pm

joeyy wrote:
Fri, 11 Oct 2019 2:48 pm
Any good recommendation that can beat KOI? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm curious too because my elder daughter is now infatuated with bubble tea, and Koi seems to be everywhere which makes things easier. I know she wasn't much of a fan of Lihotea after trying it but liked Heetea, so it's probably a good idea to try each place at least once, though at the end of the day with Koi available wherever you look it just seems easier.

tripsnreefs

Post by tripsnreefs » Mon, 20 Jan 2020 12:27 pm

green milk bubble tea is my favourite so far

davidjerwild

Post by davidjerwild » Tue, 04 Feb 2020 1:01 am

i cant remember if it was gong cha or koi that i get this order from but i like getting herbal jelly oolong tea. sounds healthy in my head so i feel less guilty drinking it haha.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 30 Nov 2020 11:54 pm

I’m a huge bubble tea fan, and have tried nearly every mainstream brand in Singapore. That being said, I find KOI to be one of the most overrated, expensive bubble teas. The tea is diluted and too sweet, the pearls are given in absurd quantities, with nearly half of the space in the cup being taken up by pearls, and the price is nearly twice that of other respectable bubble tea shops. I believe most people buy it out of convenience, since there are so many outlets islandwide, rather than out of a genuine love for their bubble tea. My personal favorite is “I love Taimei”, a Taiwanese chain that serves everything from milk tea to fruit tea, as well as a few specialty drinks that are both beautiful and delicious.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Tue, 01 Dec 2020 12:56 am

Since Covid, I’ve been making my own tea more and more at home. It’s really easy and turns out great. Fortunately NTUC online has added Thai tea brand Cha Tra Mue, along with Indian tea brand Red Label. I buy both and alternate between them.

All you need is a small teapot with a sieve and an ultra-fine strainer. For one serving, just add one teaspoon of tea and dispense water from your hot water maker into the pot and wait a minimum of 6 minutes. Strain it into a cup with some sweetened condensed milk, then tarik or stir as desired.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Pammy79

Post by Pammy79 » Tue, 01 Dec 2020 4:20 pm

I am a huge bubble tea fan too R&B tea is kindda nice too.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Tue, 01 Dec 2020 10:36 pm

malcontent wrote:
Tue, 01 Dec 2020 12:56 am
Since Covid, I’ve been making my own tea more and more at home. It’s really easy and turns out great. Fortunately NTUC online has added Thai tea brand Cha Tra Mue, along with Indian tea brand Red Label. I buy both and alternate between them.

All you need is a small teapot with a sieve and an ultra-fine strainer. For one serving, just add one teaspoon of tea and dispense water from your hot water maker into the pot and wait a minimum of 6 minutes. Strain it into a cup with some sweetened condensed milk, then tarik or stir as desired.
Is what you did bubble tea version or traditional tea (pot) ?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Wed, 02 Dec 2020 11:52 am

What I have is just a small glass mini kettle with a screen netting (shaped like a bowl) to suspend the tea dust in the hot water while it cooks. After 6 minutes, I pour the tea through an ultra-fine strainer into a flat sided metal cup, while adding less than 1 cm of sweetened condensed milk to the other metal cup. I then tarik between the cups to mix & cool it off while making it nice and frothy! If making teh ping, I’ll pour it into a cup of ice and top it off with a little Carnation milk if available. At that point you could strain out the ice and add bubbles if desired - they do sell them online.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr