Singapore Expats

2019 PR Rejection: How long to wait before re-applying?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
pomwi

2019 PR Rejection: How long to wait before re-applying?

Post by pomwi » Wed, 09 Oct 2019 10:46 pm

I've been in Singapore 6 years on EP. Caucasian (understood this presents statistical issues, but nothing I can do about it). Received PR rejection letter from ICA today after applying in April 2019.

Is there a suggested period to wait before re-applying, or just get on with another application straight away?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: 2019 PR Rejection: How long to wait before re-applying?

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 10 Oct 2019 12:31 pm

pomwi wrote:
Wed, 09 Oct 2019 10:46 pm
I've been in Singapore 6 years on EP. Caucasian (understood this presents statistical issues, but nothing I can do about it). Received PR rejection letter from ICA today after applying in April 2019.

Is there a suggested period to wait before re-applying, or just get on with another application straight away?
How long are you in sg?
Age?
Salary?
Work Description?
education?
applied as family?
How many previous PR rejections?
Total years of work experience?
Where are you from?

You need to wait until something significantly improves in the application and then reapply. This would mean a minimum of 1-2 years. Also note that since you are caucasian, you will come under the others quota which will be very less. That is one reason, you might have not got it.

pomwi

Post by pomwi » Thu, 10 Oct 2019 12:54 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 10 Oct 2019 12:31 pm
How long are you in sg?
Age?
Salary?
Work Description?
education?
applied as family?
How many previous PR rejections?
Total years of work experience?
Where are you from?

You need to wait until something significantly improves in the application and then reapply. This would mean a minimum of 1-2 years. Also note that since you are caucasian, you will come under the others quota which will be very less. That is one reason, you might have not got it.
My demographics in terms of origin, age, salary, job, education, work experience, should all be OK.
I am single, no previous PR rejections, no dubious history, and since applying for PR have started a new job with better salary, role, etc. As noted I can't do much about my race, so will just re-apply.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Oct 2019 2:16 pm

If you are into IT, then you already know. Same data in, same result out. If nothing has substantially changed, your results will likely be exactly the same.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

pomwi

Post by pomwi » Thu, 10 Oct 2019 2:25 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 10 Oct 2019 2:16 pm
If you are into IT, then you already know. Same data in, same result out. If nothing has substantially changed, your results will likely be exactly the same.
Thanks, and that's also good advice. I think I can add my new job details and supporting information as well as potentially improve some of the historical information. I had some problems getting hold of past (15-20 year old) employment verification due to companies changing hands, so I'll see what I can do about this.

BigginHill
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by BigginHill » Thu, 10 Oct 2019 10:36 pm

pomwi wrote:
Thu, 10 Oct 2019 12:54 pm
I am single...
Of the (few) caucasians I know, who've gotten PR within the last 3-4 years, all of them have been married & applied as a family.

I think the "family = stability = will settle down in SG = will become a citizen" thing also applies for the caucasian sub-category, so singlehood may not be to your advantage.

pomwi

Post by pomwi » Thu, 10 Oct 2019 11:00 pm

BigginHill wrote:
Thu, 10 Oct 2019 10:36 pm
Of the (few) caucasians I know, who've gotten PR within the last 3-4 years, all of them have been married & applied as a family.

I think the "family = stability = will settle down in SG = will become a citizen" thing also applies for the caucasian sub-category, so singlehood may not be to your advantage.
Yes, I'm also aware of this. Definitely struggling against the odds :D
So apart from being Caucasian and single, everything should be fine.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 10 Oct 2019 11:37 pm

pomwi wrote:
Thu, 10 Oct 2019 11:00 pm
So apart from being Caucasian and single, everything should be fine.
I'm glad you have kept your sense of humor.

"So other than my brain tumor, my health is just fine."