Singapore Expats

Amazon.sg

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Amazon.sg

Post by abbby » Tue, 08 Oct 2019 3:52 pm

Amazon.sg is finally here! Singapore's very own Amazon.sg! I can finally buy at ease without worrying 'item does not ship to Singapore'.

Taken a brief look and seems like they have a wide variety of items available. :D :D :D
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Amazon.sg

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 08 Oct 2019 5:00 pm

So far, everything I've needed still doesn't ship to Singapore an it's never on the Singapore version. Just a watered down selection.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Tue, 08 Oct 2019 6:33 pm

Any difference with amazon prime in singapore?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 08 Oct 2019 7:07 pm

Actually Amazon.sg has been in Singapore for well over 2 years. Nothing new except it was called Amazon-Singapore previously (It was in my Bookmarks). Guess I'll check out the new one to see if it's any better. Hopefully most of their stuff comes from the UK and not the US due to the voltage differences.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Wed, 09 Oct 2019 8:06 am

I've been snubbed by Amazon for years and years. For all its growth and popularity, it's been the most useless site for me, not only in terms of it consistently not delivering to Singapore but also in the way it keeps telling me over and over that it's only displaying items that can be delivered to Singapore, only to tell me, just as I'm about to pull the trigger, that the seller of the item selected doesn't ship to Singapore.

Complete waste of time.

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Wed, 09 Oct 2019 10:32 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 08 Oct 2019 7:07 pm
Actually Amazon.sg has been in Singapore for well over 2 years. Nothing new except it was called Amazon-Singapore previously (It was in my Bookmarks). Guess I'll check out the new one to see if it's any better. Hopefully most of their stuff comes from the UK and not the US due to the voltage differences.
Oh really? I thought amazon.sg was an extension of Amazon Prime app. Oh yes, for appliances and electronics from US would not be suitable in Singapore.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Wed, 09 Oct 2019 10:35 am

Max Headroom wrote:
Wed, 09 Oct 2019 8:06 am
I've been snubbed by Amazon for years and years. For all its growth and popularity, it's been the most useless site for me, not only in terms of it consistently not delivering to Singapore but also in the way it keeps telling me over and over that it's only displaying items that can be delivered to Singapore, only to tell me, just as I'm about to pull the trigger, that the seller of the item selected doesn't ship to Singapore.

Complete waste of time.
Yes, I really disliked Amazon.com as most items could not be shipped to Singapore but always got displayed. Ebay was better in that sense...