Singapore Expats

Arrested outside drinking entertainment

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
m120111

Arrested outside drinking entertainment

Post by m120111 » Tue, 08 Oct 2019 4:54 am

Hi, want to know what will be the outcome of my case.

On 6th october my friend and i were drinking at one of the local pub. And suddenly there is plain clothes officer asking my friend to go outside of the pub. I was curious and i rush out to have a look. Next thing i saw was he was surrounded by a group of people. Trying to understand thw situation i went over and the officer started yelling at me ( At the point of time i am not sure they are CID , plain clothes officer. So was angry because they started yelling at me for nothing ( i cant remember what they were yelling because i am quite drunk) so i started talking back. and they pined me down and lock me up. IO question me, saying that i pushed the Plain clothes officer. But at tht point of time i really have no idea they are officer. Was worried for my friend because a group of people surrounded him as if they were picking a fight with my friend. and yelling at them. I told IO that i cant remember what i said because we drank quite alot. But i have no intention. If i know they are police officer doing thier check i will definitely not distrub them from doing thier duties. The moment i got pinned down and handcuffed thats when i know they are police officer. I even apologised to them but they still bring my back to cantoment .My next reporting is on 18oct . I am very worried that they will charge me for assaulting public servant . I really got no idea that they are public servant. I have a clean record and i just pass my 21 birthday . Any idea what will be the outcome? I told the IO that i am very remorseful and sorry for what i've done if i really did push the officer. As i have no intention to distrub them from conducting thier checks. Out of curiousity i went kut to check on my friend and gwtting yelled at for nothing thats when i talk back. Any idea whats the outcome for this?

m120111

Re: Arrested outside drinking entertainment

Post by m120111 » Tue, 08 Oct 2019 4:57 am

My IO is nice and understanding guy, he told me that he can see that i am really sorry for what ive done. But im just so worried for myself. Its only the 3rd day of waiting to report back to cantonment and its unbearable already. Im so confused and messup now.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 08 Oct 2019 8:41 am

You should find a solicitor to handle your case. It sounds as though you have already admitted to assaulting an officer and you need a solicitor to handle this before you talk yourself into more trouble.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

joeyy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by joeyy » Tue, 08 Oct 2019 2:18 pm

Omg. a very deep and bad experience for you I guess. I have no idea what is the best solution for you but I hope they wont be charging you.

Good luck! [-o< [-o< [-o<

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 08 Oct 2019 4:48 pm

Based on anecdotal family evidence you might get off with a fine (if all you did was push him - did he fall down?) Something similar happened with my son 2.5 years ago and he thought it was somebody he'd had a altercation with in the club earlier. The person grabbed him by the shoulder from behind. Without looking (and drunk) he spun and kneed the person in the groin and dropped him. Immediately he was pinned on the ground by five other officers. Eventually, he was given 3 months, but after 3 weeks was released on house arrest for the balance of his time (5 weeks with one month off for good behaviour) so that he could go to work. Tread carefully, my friend. They don't mess around here and like to make examples so other get the message.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers