Singapore Expats

Which Laptop model/brand?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
joeyy
Chatter
Chatter

Which Laptop model/brand?

Post by joeyy » Thu, 03 Oct 2019 1:46 pm

I have been wanting to buy a laptop, however don't really have much knowledge in getting one. Being the confuse me, have no idea how to go about choose a laptop that I want.

Seeking for good recommendation here. Looking for a laptop that able to edit photos, watch drama (haha!), surfing the net, syncing with itunes. And most importantly, I would not want a LAG one. Some laptop is way too lag, after opening 2 tab (ONLY) in a browser.

Acer? HP? Lenova? Or Macbook? :???: :???: :???:

tt1973
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Which Laptop model/brand?

Post by tt1973 » Thu, 03 Oct 2019 2:14 pm

Get a Dell equipped with SSD hard disk. Usually after using a few years, the bottleneck is the hard disk, so SSD is a MUST.

Dell next business day onsite warranty for desktop or even laptop is PRICELESS [-o<

joeyy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by joeyy » Thu, 03 Oct 2019 2:19 pm

tt1973 wrote:
Thu, 03 Oct 2019 2:14 pm
Get a Dell equipped with SSD hard disk. Usually after using a few years, the bottleneck is the hard disk, so SSD is a MUST.

Dell next business day onsite warranty for desktop or even laptop is PRICELESS [-o<
Great thanks! I shall go check it out more about Dell. Any specific model that can guide me? Sorry, am a noob in getting laptop/computer. haha :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Oct 2019 4:30 pm

tt1973 wrote:
Thu, 03 Oct 2019 2:14 pm

Agreed. I'm using a couple of years old Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming with a combo SSD/HDD. Been using Dells since Compaq was sold to HP all those years ago. And yes, the onsite next day IS priceless. I knocked an entire cup of hot tea into the keyboard of my last notebook (not the current one) 2.5 yrs into the 3 yr warranty and they were here the next day and replaced the entire motherboard. Cannot complain one bit!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

joeyy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by joeyy » Thu, 03 Oct 2019 4:48 pm

Seems like Dell is a pretty recommended brand. I should really go and find out more about it. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ ~ Great thanks!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 08 Jan 2021 1:42 am

I’ve always been partial to Apple, with all of my devices including my phone, my iPad, my AirPods, and my MacBook all being Apple products. Many people complain that MacBooks are unreasonably expensive. I disagree. Aesthetically, I find them sleek and futuristic looking. As far as using them, I find the user experience to be especially pleasing and easy to use. Definitely worth the price tag. I think it will be much more convenient to have all of your devices be of the same brand because it will make it easier to sync your data across all devices.