Singapore Expats

How to lose weight?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: How to lose weight?

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 30 Aug 2022 1:10 am

upscalevalley wrote:
Mon, 29 Aug 2022 8:43 pm
I am 21 yrs old and my weight is almost 70 kgs. The BMI says that it should be around 50-54kgs. Could anybody please help me getting it reduce. I will be very thankful. :(
Maybe try tapping on some of the advice shared here? With over 200 posts I think you’ll be able to find some thing.

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Tue, 30 Aug 2022 7:06 am

Get on a caloric deficit and practice intermittent fasting

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 30 Aug 2022 10:57 pm

truthhurts1 wrote:
Tue, 30 Aug 2022 7:06 am
Get on a caloric deficit and practice intermittent fasting
I read something pretty interesting recently - the reason why intermittent fasting doesn’t seem to work nearly as well for women is because most of the research done about the diet was conducted on male test subjects. Because men and women are so different anatomically, recommending something that works well for men does not necessarily mean it’ll work for women.

danielhh

Post by danielhh » Thu, 19 Jan 2023 10:38 pm

tiktok wrote:
Fri, 04 Oct 2019 9:46 pm
Given the prevelance of obesity in the West, it's not fair to say this is an "Asian" or "locals" thing. Most humans are not very good at eating less.
The trick is to eat foods with a lot of fiber to prevent hunger attacks. I personally started using veggie smoothies and drink them a few hours before I go to bed so I don't get hungry in the evening anymore. There are a few good brands like fivereasons, kencko or athletic greens. Although athletic has too many calories

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 21 Jan 2023 1:15 am

Is it a powder? I don't understand why you would need to buy a veggie smoothie mix, when such drinks are typically made from fresh produce.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 02 Apr 2023 1:20 am

No food (in isolation) can make you fat. It's eating more calories than you burn that will cause weight gain.

EverettHawthorne

Post by EverettHawthorne » Sat, 22 Apr 2023 9:34 pm

Hi Sunday, I can't get into cohenlifestyle.com.sg. Anyway, what u did sounds a lot like what reboott is doing. I lost 39 pounds in 5 weeks with them. Was 230 pounds, 6'7". Everything is good except the price is a bit on the high side. :???: Did u get catered meals too?

EverettHawthorne

Post by EverettHawthorne » Sat, 22 Apr 2023 9:54 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 04 Oct 2019 9:41 pm
When it comes to giving up rice, it's extremely difficult. I been here a long, long time and know lots who have tried and failed, some over and over. When I decided to do my diet 11 years ago, the clinic also confirmed the problem. The locals (which was the vast majority of their clientele) would deviate almost every week by eating rice which was not allowed as well as the other white starches. When it comes to eating, they haven't much, if any, will power.
The place I did mine had noodles and rice. The rice taste weird though. They gave me curry chicken with rice, korean ricecakes, beef slices noodles, etc. :shock: They did a hair analysis for me and gave me a set of supplements and feed me for 5 weeks and magic happens.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 22 Apr 2023 11:24 pm

EverettHawthorne wrote:
Sat, 22 Apr 2023 9:54 pm
Fri, 04 Oct 2019 9:41 pm
When it comes to giving up rice, it's extremely difficult. I been here a long, long time and know lots who have tried and failed, some over and over. When I decided to do my diet 11 years ago, the clinic also confirmed the problem. The locals (which was the vast majority of their clientele) would deviate almost every week by eating rice which was not allowed as well as the other white starches. When it comes to eating, they haven't much, if any, will power.
The place I did mine had noodles and rice. The rice taste weird though. They gave me curry chicken with rice, korean ricecakes, beef slices noodles, etc. :shock: They did a hair analysis for me and gave me a set of supplements and feed me for 5 weeks and magic happens.
Which place did you work with? Perhaps they gave you cauliflower rice. Looks similar but taste pretty different.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 23 Apr 2023 1:31 am

EverettHawthorne wrote:
Sat, 22 Apr 2023 9:34 pm

Hi Sunday, I can't get into cohenlifestyle.com.sg. Anyway, what u did sounds a lot like what reboott is doing. I lost 39 pounds in 5 weeks with them. Was 230 pounds, 6'7". Everything is good except the price is a bit on the high side. :???: Did u get catered meals too?
My entire diet was done from the fresh foods section of NTUC. No pills, liquids, enemas, or body wraps or strange concoctions of doG knows what. In fact, and extremely healthy diet that I still use for breakfast and dinner every day now 15 years later. However, I've started snacking (heaven forbid) thanks to retirement 3.5 years ago and 3 year of that under house arrest (Covid). but I'm only 8 kg over my ideal weight and still a far cry from the 94 kg I weighed when I started. You don't need catered meals. That is nothing but a rip-off. I don't eat anything that comes out of a sealed bag, box bottle or can (except for Tuna in Brine - allowed) everything else is fresh foods.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 23 Apr 2023 3:19 am

Sun, 23 Apr 2023 1:31 am
EverettHawthorne wrote:

My entire diet was done from the fresh foods section of NTUC. No pills, liquids, enemas, or body wraps or strange concoctions of doG knows what. In fact, and extremely healthy diet that I still use for breakfast and dinner every day now 15 years later. However, I've started snacking (heaven forbid) thanks to retirement 3.5 years ago and 3 year of that under house arrest (Covid). but I'm only 8 kg over my ideal weight and still a far cry from the 94 kg I weighed when I started. You don't need catered meals. That is nothing but a rip-off. I don't eat anything that comes out of a sealed bag, box bottle or can (except for Tuna in Brine - allowed) everything else is fresh foods.
What about milk :P

And yes, I agree that catered meals are a rip off. I once looked up Yolo foods after being recommended them by a colleague, and was shocked to see that each individual portion was over $20.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 23 Apr 2023 5:04 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 23 Apr 2023 3:19 am
EverettHawthorne wrote:

And yes, I agree that catered meals are a rip off. I once looked up Yolo foods after being recommended them by a colleague, and was shocked to see that each individual portion was over $20.
Nope. No milk. It's a no nonsense diet that doesn't have "vacation" days or any such crap. It's easy and hardcore at the same time. The amounts seem absolutely miniature and they suggest you put away your giant French dinner plates and use small plates ~9" diameter. Psychologically it looks like more food on the plate that way. Each diet from Cohen's is tailored to the individual. No two are exactly the same as it is based on a number of factors from health history, blood workups (one before they will accept you into the program and 4 more throughout the course of the program - they reserve the right to not give people a diet program if their health issues cannot be resolved if critical to the program) Alcohol is verboten throughout the whole course of the program. Everything you consume has to be weighed TO THE GRAM (electronic kitchen scales are a doGsend! Food must be weighed before cooking and thawed and drained. I, to this day, still buy lean eye round steaks and trim to 140 gms and then freeze them individually in baggies. I do the same with Toman (Snakehead). I cook using only canola oil (only for deepfrying Turkeys (2x a year) and Olive oil for all other cooking. I used to cook/fry with diet sprite during the diet itself (don't look shocked, works pretty good).

They DO recommend you take a decent Multi-Vitamin throughout the course of the program I did the first month but never took vitamins my whole life so stopped after a month into the program. No harm done but my weight loss program wasn't maxed out to loose 1.5~1.7 kg/wk like the younger folks (I was 60 so my program was designed for me to lose ~1kg/wk. Ultimately I lost 1.1 kg/wk over the course of the program.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 23 Apr 2023 5:23 pm

Sun, 23 Apr 2023 5:04 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 23 Apr 2023 3:19 am

Nope. No milk. It's a no nonsense diet that doesn't have "vacation" days or any such crap. It's easy and hardcore at the same time. The amounts seem absolutely miniature and they suggest you put away your giant French dinner plates and use small plates ~9" diameter. Psychologically it looks like more food on the plate that way. Each diet from Cohen's is tailored to the individual. No two are exactly the same as it is based on a number of factors from health history, blood workups (one before they will accept you into the program and 4 more throughout the course of the program - they reserve the right to not give people a diet program if their health issues cannot be resolved if critical to the program) Alcohol is verboten throughout the whole course of the program. Everything you consume has to be weighed TO THE GRAM (electronic kitchen scales are a doGsend! Food must be weighed before cooking and thawed and drained. I, to this day, still buy lean eye round steaks and trim to 140 gms and then freeze them individually in baggies. I do the same with Toman (Snakehead). I cook using only canola oil (only for deepfrying Turkeys (2x a year) and Olive oil for all other cooking. I used to cook/fry with diet sprite during the diet itself (don't look shocked, works pretty good).

They DO recommend you take a decent Multi-Vitamin throughout the course of the program I did the first month but never took vitamins my whole life so stopped after a month into the program. No harm done but my weight loss program wasn't maxed out to loose 1.5~1.7 kg/wk like the younger folks (I was 60 so my program was designed for me to lose ~1kg/wk. Ultimately I lost 1.1 kg/wk over the course of the program.
Diet sprite as oil?? I could see how the bubbles might make whatever you're cooking not stick to the pan, but once it's heated wouldn't it go flat?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 23 Apr 2023 5:26 pm

Thought I'd post a shot of the excel workbook summery page....
Clipboard01.jpg
And from a different perspective....
Clipboard02.jpg

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 23 Apr 2023 5:29 pm

Diet sprite as oil?? I could see how the bubbles might make whatever you're cooking not stick to the pan, but once it's heated wouldn't it go flat?
Actually the recommended way was with a good non-stick frying pan. Then nothing technically needed. The diet sprite or zero just added some fluid but if you keep the pan moving it won't stick anyway.