Singapore Expats

How to lose weight?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: How to lose weight?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Apr 2023 11:00 am

I think it can be done purely online via the US but I'll check and get back. Otherwise the closest might be in the 'peens as I know they opened on there a number of years ago. But, yeah, I used the clinic at Goldhill Plaza when I did the program.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Apr 2023 11:23 am

It would seem that they have come to the realization that opening clinics in Asian Countries is a waste of time as Asians will not give up the white killer starches. So the bulk of actual clinics are located in S.Africa and in Australia. All the rest are taken care of with online clinics and it would seem that the cost of the courses are dramatically reduced due to mostly online presence and not the costs of maintaining worldwide clinics. Noom, I've heard is a good alternative but that program came out years after I'd finished my program so I don't know anything about it other than the fact that is also has good reviews.

Here is the link to the online Cohen diet. http://1stpersonaldiet.com/registration/ but my personal advice is if you need to lose 10kg or less, don't use this, use exercise and eat less starches. Also cut out using sugar and salt if possible. Salt causes water retention.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 27 Apr 2023 10:21 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 26 Apr 2023 11:23 am
It would seem that they have come to the realization that opening clinics in Asian Countries is a waste of time as Asians will not give up the white killer starches. So the bulk of actual clinics are located in S.Africa and in Australia. All the rest are taken care of with online clinics and it would seem that the cost of the courses are dramatically reduced due to mostly online presence and not the costs of maintaining worldwide clinics. Noom, I've heard is a good alternative but that program came out years after I'd finished my program so I don't know anything about it other than the fact that is also has good reviews.

Here is the link to the online Cohen diet. http://1stpersonaldiet.com/registration/ but my personal advice is unless you need to lose 10kg or less, don't use this, use exercise and eat less starches. Also cut out using sugar and salt if possible. Salt causes water retention.
Would it make a difference to cut out salt since once you eventually re-introduce salt into your diet your body will once again continue holding onto water weight?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Apr 2023 12:02 am

I don't know as I never reintroduced salt into my diet. The human body cannot process salt and it has only harm for the body nothing useful at all. In fact it cannot be processed by the body and that is why the body surrounds it with water to keep it from doing bodily damabe Once my taste buds finished the withdrawal of the salt habit, I find food naturally much more flavorable and today when I do eat out, boy can I taste the salt. Not nice. I don't eat out much for that reason.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 28 Apr 2023 10:22 pm

Fri, 28 Apr 2023 12:02 am
I don't know as I never reintroduced salt into my diet. The human body cannot process salt and it has only harm for the body nothing useful at all. In fact it cannot be processed by the body and that is why the body surrounds it with water to keep it from doing bodily damabe Once my taste buds finished the withdrawal of the salt habit, I find food naturally much more flavorable and today when I do eat out, boy can I taste the salt. Not nice. I don't eat out much for that reason.
I experienced something similar when I tried cutting out sugar a couple years ago. After a while, even apples started tasting like candy.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 29 Apr 2023 3:30 pm

Exactly. I don't use sugar at all either I gave both up simultaneously when I started the diet (talk about some withdrawal symptoms - double jeopardy). But afterwards, the lbs started dropping off and never quit as can be seen in those charts. I figured it wasn't good so why restart a bad evil dangerous habits.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 29 Apr 2023 9:46 pm

Sat, 29 Apr 2023 3:30 pm
Exactly. I don't use sugar at all either I gave both up simultaneously when I started the diet (talk about some withdrawal symptoms - double jeopardy). But afterwards, the lbs started dropping off and never quit as can be seen in those charts. I figured it wasn't good so why restart a bad evil dangerous habits.
Wow, I'd like to cut out salt and sugar but it's very hard for me because I eat out a lot. I imagine it's easier if you're retired and can cook as you have more control over what goes into your meals.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 30 Apr 2023 8:18 pm

I wasn't retired 15 years ago when I did the diet I was 60. I didn't retire until 3.5 years ago in early 2019 (71+) just before covid started. It does take will power but the health and weight gains were more than worth it. We've always cooked at home. For the most part still do.

I figured if my mother and father who both worked with the two of us kids were growing up and still in school and she cooked for us every day, I could do it as well.

EverettHawthorne

Post by EverettHawthorne » Thu, 13 Jul 2023 2:29 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Wed, 26 Apr 2023 12:06 am
EverettHawthorne wrote:
Mon, 24 Apr 2023 8:15 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 23 Apr 2023 3:19 am

What about milk :P

And yes, I agree that catered meals are a rip off. I once looked up Yolo foods after being recommended them by a colleague, and was shocked to see that each individual portion was over $20.
Yea, it cost me ard $20 a meal to have it delivered. The only thing good is they guarantee if I don't shed at least 10% of my body weight, I get a full refund. I was so desperate.
And did you end up losing the weight?
yea, I did. I lost ard 20kg.

Dancerinangie

Post by Dancerinangie » Tue, 25 Jul 2023 3:09 pm

I was searching for weight loss and this thread came up. I cannot believe i'm desperate enough to register for an account to ask u this question. Can you share the company and more of your experience? My friend was touting TA90 to me and i'm seriously considering. Anyone has really effective weight loss solutions to share? pls?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 25 Jul 2023 9:09 pm

Dancerinangie wrote:
Tue, 25 Jul 2023 3:09 pm
I was searching for weight loss and this thread came up. I cannot believe i'm desperate enough to register for an account to ask u this question. Can you share the company and more of your experience? My friend was touting TA90 to me and i'm seriously considering. Anyone has really effective weight loss solutions to share? pls?
To which poster are you directing your question to?

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 26 Jul 2023 12:22 am

Tue, 25 Jul 2023 9:09 pm
Dancerinangie wrote:
Tue, 25 Jul 2023 3:09 pm
To which poster are you directing your question to?
You, I believe.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Jul 2023 3:17 pm

viewtopic.php?p=881831#p881831

Had the poster read my post on this same page (my fifth reply up from here) he would know, complete with link. I get a chapped butt when people are too damn lazy to read a thread as usually it's already been answered. I knew I'd already given the answer earlier on this page. 8-[

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 27 Jul 2023 9:35 am

I've put on a bit recently. Too much beer and sugar (with a cavity to prove it! for me physical work is the only way I've lost weight reliably. I've lost it by running but it takes forever to do so.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Thu, 27 Jul 2023 10:01 am

@SMS:

Does salt also mean light sauces and dark sauces?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)