Singapore Expats

Getting Ready for Primary School

Interested to get your child into a local Primary School? Discuss the opportunities here.
joeyy
Chatter
Chatter

Getting Ready for Primary School

Post by joeyy » Tue, 01 Oct 2019 2:48 pm

Hi all mommies.

2019 is ending, and im sure all mummies are excited as me to get ready our K2 child to primary 1. Me being a kiasu mother, would actually like to find out more about getting books, registering. So I can get myself financially ready too!

Usually for primary 1 books purchase, how much estimation needed?
And also, to apply for financial scheme, do we apply before school starts or when school reopen, to apply in school? Any criteria to apply for financial scheme?

How many sets of uniform do your usually buy? As i'm thinking should i get more set? But afraid my child will outgrow the size soon as is their growing period.

ADVISE NEEDED MOMMIIIIIES :???: :???: :???:

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Getting Ready for Primary School

Post by abbby » Tue, 01 Oct 2019 3:32 pm

School books will cost about $200- $200+.

They will provide you the necessary forms during the November school orientation where there is a financial scheme form you can fill out and send out. I think it only applies to low income families.

For schools uniforms, you should get at least 3 uniforms, 2 PE sets, and 1 house t-shirt (house T-shirt color will be determined on your envelope on orientation day).
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

joeyy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by joeyy » Tue, 01 Oct 2019 4:00 pm

abbby wrote:
Tue, 01 Oct 2019 3:32 pm
School books will cost about $200- $200+.

They will provide you the necessary forms during the November school orientation where there is a financial scheme form you can fill out and send out. I think it only applies to low income families.

For schools uniforms, you should get at least 3 uniforms, 2 PE sets, and 1 house t-shirt (house T-shirt color will be determined on your envelope on orientation day).
Thank you for the good info! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 11 Nov 2020 10:31 pm

My child entered primary one quite a few years ago, and I don’t remember school books being as expensive. Because primary one is still so elementary, a majority of classroom materials such as worksheets will be printed by the teachers. Most primary schools provide a book list pre-orientation to give parents an idea of what is needed. School books and art materials on the list will only set you back around $100.

For uniforms 3 sets of everything should be enough, but make sure to buy more sets of white socks (my child would leave them all around the house and lose them).