Singapore Expats

Need advise on pre-school, living location, and language classes

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Paddyenzo

Need advise on pre-school, living location, and language classes

Post by Paddyenzo » Sun, 22 Sep 2019 12:22 am

Hi All,
My family and I plan to relocate to Singapore by December 2019 and we are a bit divided on the following subjects:
1. pre-school for our son (2.5yrs old)
2. living location. Ideally, we would like to be located close to the school to allow my spouse easy commute to drop off and pick up, or preferably walking distance (up to 1km).

We are currently considering the following schools:
1. Overseas Family school
2. French School of Singapore
3. Hillside World Academy
Does any have any experience with these schools? Could you recommend a school you are familiar with?

In terms of living district. We are looking at places close to Overseas Family School, district 18.
Can anyone advise how this district is like?

thanks.

Enzo

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Need advise on pre-school, living location, and language classes

Post by abbby » Sun, 22 Sep 2019 10:24 am

District 18 is where Tampines, pasir ris and Simei is. It's the HDB area where there are some malls, lots of HDB (public housings), on the Eastern side. Many good food in East (district 15).
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)