Singapore Expats Forum

PR Status - Pending <More than 1 Year>

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
DonkeyKK
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 10:10 am

PR Status - Pending <More than 1 Year>

Post by DonkeyKK » Thu, 19 Sep 2019 10:16 am

DELETED
Last edited by DonkeyKK on Fri, 20 Sep 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
abbby
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 3:00 am
Location: Tiny Island

Re: PR Status - Pending <More than 1 Year>

Post by abbby » Thu, 19 Sep 2019 12:48 pm

Yes, one year seems like a long wait. Perhaps you should email and ask if any other documents are required.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 36500
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Status - Pending <More than 1 Year>

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 Sep 2019 1:58 pm

Normal waiting time is 12 to 18 months. This has been the case for the past couple of years. I wouldn't worry until you reach 18 months. If they need additional documents they will contact you and tell you 'exactly' what they want. Do NOT deluge them with documents not requested else it might take even longer.

DonkeyKK
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 10:10 am

Re: PR Status - Pending <More than 1 Year>

Post by DonkeyKK » Thu, 19 Sep 2019 5:48 pm

Thanks for the replies.
I hesitated to send an email to ICA now.
Some cases mentioned they received rejection or approval within 1 month after sent an email to ICA.
My purpose is to get an update from ICA, a little more details about my application perhaps.
Hmm (send or not send an email) which action is the correct way?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2140
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Status - Pending <More than 1 Year>

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 19 Sep 2019 6:09 pm

DonkeyKK wrote:
Thu, 19 Sep 2019 5:48 pm
Thanks for the replies.
I hesitated to send an email to ICA now.
Some cases mentioned they received rejection or approval within 1 month after sent an email to ICA.
My purpose is to get an update from ICA, a little more details about my application perhaps.
Hmm (send or not send an email) which action is the correct way?
Wait patiently

The maximum that they will say is they are looking at your case and will let you know once the result is ready. I am 100% sure that they wont even reveal 0.1% more than this on your application details. Don't rush and get a negative result.

bro75
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 434
Joined: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 8:06 am
Location: Singapore

Re: PR Status - Pending <More than 1 Year>

Post by bro75 » Sun, 22 Sep 2019 4:51 pm

My daughter's latest application took 14 months. It was rejected.

esivag
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 11:45 am

Re: PR Status - Pending <More than 1 Year>

Post by esivag » Tue, 24 Sep 2019 6:51 pm

Hi Team
I am from India working in Singapore last 6.5 years.
my wife is Singaporean I get married last year November 2018.
my wife going to give birth next year January 2020.
I applied for PR this year January 2019 still pending.
is it any possibilities I can get PR?
Thanks.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2140
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Status - Pending <More than 1 Year>

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 24 Sep 2019 7:43 pm

esivag wrote:
Tue, 24 Sep 2019 6:51 pm
Hi Team
I am from India working in Singapore last 6.5 years.
my wife is Singaporean I get married last year November 2018.
my wife going to give birth next year January 2020.
I applied for PR this year January 2019 still pending.
is it any possibilities I can get PR?
Thanks.
50-50 chance if your spouse has sponsored your PR.

If you wait for your child birth and apply 1 year after that your chance is very high.

esivag
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 11:45 am

Re: PR Status - Pending <More than 1 Year>

Post by esivag » Wed, 25 Sep 2019 3:17 pm

Hi Thank you for your reply.
This one my spouse sponsored me actually.

BigginHill
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon, 22 May 2017 5:46 pm

Re: PR Status - Pending <More than 1 Year>

Post by BigginHill » Wed, 25 Sep 2019 4:53 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 19 Sep 2019 1:58 pm
Normal waiting time is 12 to 18 months. This has been the case for the past couple of years.
Interestingly, since they went fully digital with the PR applications last year, the base level of waiting time has actually increased significantly.

People of the "favoured" category still gets their PR within 3-4 months.

While all "maybe" candidates now waits 9-15 months (whether accepted or rejected), whereas previously those applicants got an answer within 3-4 months.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2140
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Status - Pending <More than 1 Year>

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 25 Sep 2019 7:09 pm

BigginHill wrote:
Wed, 25 Sep 2019 4:53 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 19 Sep 2019 1:58 pm
Normal waiting time is 12 to 18 months. This has been the case for the past couple of years.
Interestingly, since they went fully digital with the PR applications last year, the base level of waiting time has actually increased significantly.

People of the "favoured" category still gets their PR within 3-4 months.

While all "maybe" candidates now waits 9-15 months (whether accepted or rejected), whereas previously those applicants got an answer within 3-4 months.

If it is a very straight forward rejection, i know a couple of them who got the results rejected in 3-4 months.

BigginHill
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon, 22 May 2017 5:46 pm

Re: PR Status - Pending <More than 1 Year>

Post by BigginHill » Wed, 25 Sep 2019 7:36 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 25 Sep 2019 7:09 pm
If it is a very straight forward rejection, i know a couple of them who got the results rejected in 3-4 months.
Clear cut rejections seemed to take around 1 month in the old days.

I guess they're just stringing the maybe's and the no way's further along these days...

I wonder if the number of applications increased or decreased after going fully digital. It would seem to indicate the former.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11630
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: PR Status - Pending <More than 1 Year>

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 26 Sep 2019 2:10 am

I judge that going fully digital is allowing them to do a deeper vetting process. Going digital makes it easier to keep records but doesn't shorten any investigative process.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6572
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Re: PR Status - Pending <More than 1 Year>

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 26 Sep 2019 11:39 am

There's a lot more caution around who they pick for PR after the blowback in the last two GE. PR's once were appreciated by most Sinkies but now just seen as a nuisance unless you realize you came in during the early years (pre 2000).
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Post Reply


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests