Singapore Expats Forum

Salary in education line

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Workinglady

Salary in education line

Postby Workinglady » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:30 am

Hello,

I just got my PR, and I am looking for a job in the education line (college/university etc). I was offered a job, through a friend at $3000 a month as a Marketing Exec and I am wondering if I should take up this offer.

Fyi, I have 5 years working experience in various depts in 2 colleges before. Please advise

Workinglady

Koay SY

Postby Koay SY » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 2:57 pm

Hi, I am also in Education line but my salary is much lesser than yours. :oops: :cry: I am doing student recruitment and business development related job.

Postby Guest » Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:53 pm

Hi,

Waoo :shock: dats not bad!! I am in education line too...but seems my pay is much more lower than your offer.

Btw, I am a programme exe and doing co-ordination for our programmes. Well, i do recurit students and sales. This is my first job and working < 1 yr.

Regards

Ny

viting lecturer

salary is not the issue

Postby viting lecturer » Tue, 05 Apr 2005 5:55 pm

i am a poly lecturer making 37.000 a year + possible 25% bonus after the contract. I guess it's ok for education, just don't compare to businesses. Well at least we got the long holidsays.

william de vera

teaching in singapore

Postby william de vera » Thu, 07 Apr 2005 10:30 pm

hello, i am an employment pass holder and I've applied for a DP for my wife. She has 3 years teaching experience (primary and secondary) she would like to teach here in singapore as well. She's teaching special subjects like food and nutrition (she's a nutritionist btw). What is the process to apply for a teaching job here in singapore? does she have to take and pass exams given by the government? and finaly, do you know where she can apply...may be there's some opening in your school?

thanks a lot for your help. she needed the work badly.

thanks!
Wil