Singapore Expats Forum

Average salaries in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9101
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Average salaries in Singapore

Postby x9200 » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 7:11 pm

Bloomaul wrote:Why would this be? It is a junior position in a strategic department.

SAT says: "Based on the information you have provided, the individual is likely to qualify for both Employment Pass (EP) and S Pass". Just as an indication^^

Ask yourself this question: is this position and my skillset so unique that no Singaporean could do the job? This is how MOM will look at you.

Bloomaul
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu, 19 Dec 2013

Re: Average salaries in Singapore

Postby Bloomaul » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 8:05 pm

I could answer the question with yes :D Even if the chances aren't that high, what would the average salary be?

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10306
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Average salaries in Singapore

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 14 Dec 2015 11:00 pm

Bloomaul wrote:I could answer the question with yes :D Even if the chances aren't that high, what would the average salary be?


It's a SWAG... and... most fresh university graduates in Singapore will enter the workforce around S$3,000 to $3,500 per month.

This is what you would get, if you are lucky... and from a realistic perspective, I don't see you being lucky enough to get hired.

a) There is a strong push to hire locals over foreigners. Well and truly, unless you have special training, you won't stand out.

b) What do you know about "strategic sales" in Asia? What languages do you speak? What connections do you have in the local community or PRC? Or Malaysia, for that matter.

Bloomaul
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu, 19 Dec 2013

Re: Average salaries in Singapore

Postby Bloomaul » Thu, 17 Dec 2015 1:06 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Bloomaul wrote:I could answer the question with yes :D Even if the chances aren't that high, what would the average salary be?


It's a SWAG... and... most fresh university graduates in Singapore will enter the workforce around S$3,000 to $3,500 per month.

This is what you would get, if you are lucky... and from a realistic perspective, I don't see you being lucky enough to get hired.

a) There is a strong push to hire locals over foreigners. Well and truly, unless you have special training, you won't stand out.

b) What do you know about "strategic sales" in Asia? What languages do you speak? What connections do you have in the local community or PRC? Or Malaysia, for that matter.

Thanks for your reply.
Has the policy of the MoM changed in the last 1-2 years? Because on linkedin I see several foreign graduates (some only with bachelor degree) in this particular company.

Any idea what the average salary of an internship is? Because 2k for an intern and 3,5k for a FTE sounds less...

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10306
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Average salaries in Singapore

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 17 Dec 2015 5:13 am

If the company in question is a well known multi-national, and if they hire a significant portion of Singaporean locals, and if they have Singaporeans in management level positions, then MoM will probably cut them some leeway in granting of EP's that they request. This is because they employ a lot of locals as a major employer and MoM doesn't want to piss them off.

Be aware though, that this applies to people already working for the company who are being transferred into Singapore. Regardless of the experience level of the people, the MNC will justify them on the basis that they have specific corporate knowledge that they need to have in Singapore. So, you would not get hired cold in Singapore, you already need to be working for the company and be transferred.

My salary numbers are pretty accurate for many, many disciplines, slightly low for engineering, slightly to very high for things like interior design degrees.

UWEEI
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 19 Jan 2016

Re: Average salaries in Singapore

Postby UWEEI » Tue, 19 Jan 2016 6:51 pm

Hi,

Anyone work in this Aalst Chocolate Singapore? I wonder what's the bonus rate and working environment there, Any info?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9028
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: Average salaries in Singapore

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 19 Jan 2016 7:02 pm

UWEEI wrote:Hi,

Anyone work in this Aalst Chocolate Singapore? I wonder what's the bonus rate and working environment there, Any info?

?

1,200. Nice environment.

UWEEI
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 19 Jan 2016

Re: RE: Re: Average salaries in Singapore

Postby UWEEI » Tue, 19 Jan 2016 7:07 pm

U mean 1.2 month bonus?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34145
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Average salaries in Singapore

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Jan 2016 8:54 pm

u mean you are only being offered $1000/mo?

UWEEI
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 19 Jan 2016

Re: Average salaries in Singapore

Postby UWEEI » Tue, 19 Jan 2016 8:57 pm

nope, i just curious how much the bonus will be, how many months?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34145
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Average salaries in Singapore

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Jan 2016 8:59 pm

AWS is normally 1 month if written into your contract. Otherwise it could be zero. Or three months or 6 months, depending on your contract and if it's a variable bonus based on the performance of the company and a generous employer. So, count on one month and please don't spam the board with duplicate threads. The other one has been deleted.

UWEEI
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 19 Jan 2016

Re: Average salaries in Singapore

Postby UWEEI » Tue, 19 Jan 2016 9:08 pm

omg, i only see performance bonus, other's don't have T.T)

Ksenon2611
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 27 Jan 2016

Re: Average salaries in Singapore

Postby Ksenon2611 » Wed, 27 Jan 2016 4:38 am

Hello everyone!
I'm a currently Credit Risk Analyst (from Moscow,Russia) with almost 2 years experience, earlier I worked in insurance company nearly 15 months as a Reporting analyst/Actuary.
I have advanced knowledge in statistics,databases, such tools as SAS EG,SAS Miner,SAS VA, Excel(+writing macros in VBA), Oracle, SQL,PL\SQL, Emblem(tool for making regression models for insurance rates) .

ANSWER: Can I have any chances to find job in Singapore on position "credit risk analyst" or "reporting analyst" with 5000 - 6000 s$ salary ???

I'll be glad to hear any answers from expats with similar background or people, who knows this field.

P.S. I tried to check my average salary by Payscale.com, but it didn't get me any report cause hasn't enough statistics for specialist of my profile..

KennyKB
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 28 Jan 2016

Re: Average salaries in Singapore

Postby KennyKB » Mon, 01 Feb 2016 5:51 pm

Ksenon2611 wrote:Hello everyone!
I'm a currently Credit Risk Analyst (from Moscow,Russia) with almost 2 years experience, earlier I worked in insurance company nearly 15 months as a Reporting analyst/Actuary.
I have advanced knowledge in statistics,databases, such tools as SAS EG,SAS Miner,SAS VA, Excel(+writing macros in VBA), Oracle, SQL,PL\SQL, Emblem(tool for making regression models for insurance rates) .

ANSWER: Can I have any chances to find job in Singapore on position "credit risk analyst" or "reporting analyst" with 5000 - 6000 s$ salary ???

I'll be glad to hear any answers from expats with similar background or people, who knows this field.

P.S. I tried to check my average salary by Payscale.com, but it didn't get me any report cause hasn't enough statistics for specialist of my profile..

You have quite a good skillset and expertise for the salary range you are asking for, so I guess your chances are good.

garry2361323
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun, 29 May 2016

Re: Average salaries in Singapore

Postby garry2361323 » Thu, 02 Jun 2016 5:19 pm

I have 9+ years of experience in Oracle CRM (IT) and have been offered 7800 SGD per month. I am relocating with my wife. The salary is sufficient to survive in Singapore and have some saving at the end ?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests