My UK company will be sending me over to Singapore soon, for a number of years, and would like to know which of the following are considered "standard" in a expat deals and which are "you'd be lucky to get it".
(1) Flights home - business class and how many return trips per year?
if you have a family how are they covered?
(2) Salary - paid in UK or in Singapore? My company can do either, it seems whatever they do they will try to keep me on the same net income as I receive in the UK. So if my UK net income is, say, 1000 pounds a month, they will make it so that my Singapore net income is also 1000 pounds a month (about $3000) - is this practice common?
(3) Housing allowance - currently they are offering it, but have not seen how much it is. Rent prices are skyrocketting at the moment - what should they offer to a single person? $3000 pm? $5000 ? (and how much if there is a family too, say 2 kids)
(4) Family considerations - if you have kids - should they pay for private schools? After all would I want my kids to go to any school other than one that follows the British curriculum? Should I be expected to cover the school fees myself ? Are there state schools in Singapore and could they (my company) potentially ask me to send kids to state schools? So far I have only identified one school I would not mind sending my kids to.
(5) Any other bits which I am forgetting, please comment