Singapore Expats

Average salaries in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
futurebiz1

Re: Average salaries in Singapore

Post by futurebiz1 » Sat, 16 Nov 2019 3:34 pm

Salary in the hardware sector isn't really great. Also, for entry level roles (<5 work ex), there is greater focus on hiring locals. As you might know, the salary range in Singapore can be very wide for the same role with long tails. For your role, I would say median would be in the 5-7K bracket.

@ronGu@

Post by @ronGu@ » Wed, 20 Nov 2019 3:43 pm

Having income like $1K++ is not even enough for our daily expenses. Even $2k also not enough. Its quite hard also to find jobs with good income with the competition in the market and they still looking for experience people with qualification. Living in Singapore is already expensive, just need to make do with what you have for now to survive.

nextlife01

Post by nextlife01 » Fri, 29 Nov 2019 2:37 pm

It boils down to what you want in life. If you want a good life, you will need to climb your way up to achieve that. If you want a simple life, average must have salary is 3-4K.

harry.chetty

Post by harry.chetty » Mon, 09 Dec 2019 3:21 pm

Is this list accurate though? - https://blog.seedly.sg/salary-guide-singapore/#IT I have as a graduate been applying for IT business analyst jobs and no where is anyone offering 75000 on the low end! What's a good list to refer to for graduates?

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Tue, 31 Dec 2019 11:32 am

cutehobbes wrote:
Thu, 25 Jul 2019 7:49 am
It did cross my mind that the salary guide is for expats and would the salary be reduced for residents ? But it doesn't seem like that. It doesn't specifically say this is the salary guide for expats and it also has very junior salary scales as well which might not be filled by expats.

Looking at the salary guides for 3-4 recruiters, it does seem that it is the general salary guide meant for Singaporeans. I could be wrong, i do not know how these recruiters work.
By residents, I presume that you mean permanent residents and citizens. There are no differences in packages unless your company decides to sweeten the deal by giving you a high salary for the role plus additional benefits like housing allowance, transport etc. However, you should note that such terms are usually for pretty senior positions. Chances are that the equivalent local would probably be receiving similar benefits too.

rl3384

Post by rl3384 » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 5:11 am

Hi everyone

I’ve tried to do lots of research, but you lot will know best.
Is a salary of €6k per month plus an extra €2.5k a month for housing allowance reasonable?
I want to move to Singapore but I also don’t want to be worrying all the time about money like I do in the UK.
Thanks!

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 9:00 am

rl3384 wrote:
Fri, 10 Jan 2020 5:11 am
Hi everyone

Is a salary of €6k per month plus an extra €2.5k a month for housing allowance reasonable?
I want to move to Singapore but I also don’t want to be worrying all the time about money like I do in the UK.
Thanks!
We earn in sgd here. Did you mean 6k sgd?

That apart, what is your plan to be recruited here. As you should know from your research, getting on a plane and flying to Singapore with no job on hand is likely to be about 99% chances of failure.

rl3384

Post by rl3384 » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 3:10 pm

Sorry I wasn’t clear.
I have been offered a job and yes, sgd.

Thanks.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 5:35 pm

You can survive... And more perhaps. But then again what industry? What level are you joining at? With family? What kind of lifestyle are you expecting?

PrincZe

Post by PrincZe » Tue, 21 Jan 2020 9:33 pm

rl3384 wrote:
Fri, 10 Jan 2020 3:10 pm
Sorry I wasn’t clear.
I have been offered a job and yes, sgd.

Thanks.
That is way too attractive. Take without any doubt

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 22 Jan 2020 1:20 am

PrincZe, sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think are you dumb than opening your mouth and proving it. It's sounds like you are still in Secondary School Maybe, Sec 2?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Wed, 22 Jan 2020 8:33 am

rl3384 wrote:
Fri, 10 Jan 2020 5:11 am
Hi everyone

Thanks!
If you are a single guy, you can survive on this with some savings depending on the lifestyle you want.
2.5K housing allowance can get you a 2 bedroom condo on a non-central location. Things like cars and alcohol (clubbing etc) is expensive and will eat into your savings. Eating out can be cheap or expensive depending on your taste. Medical and dental are expensive but your company should cover it. Travel is cheap within South East and North East Asia.

Charles Saain

Post by Charles Saain » Fri, 31 Jan 2020 3:13 pm

Does Singapore have the opportunities for Digital Marketing and what are the average Salaries for the Digital Marketer?

Teora

Post by Teora » Thu, 27 Feb 2020 6:32 pm

harry.chetty wrote:
Mon, 09 Dec 2019 3:21 pm
Is this list accurate though? - https://blog.seedly.sg/salary-guide-singapore/#IT I have as a graduate been applying for IT business analyst jobs and no where is anyone offering 75000 on the low end! What's a good list to refer to for graduates?
Have you considered switching to data analyst? I made research and found out that there are twice more job offers for data analysts in Singapore.It's not that hard to switch though, because there are some decent courses out there. I'd suggest you to try something like this one, it's free and takes only 6 weeks to complete the data Analytics course and you could find yourself a 100k salary afterwards! I'll keep an eye on your further updates, hopefully you'll get back to us with a success story.
Last edited by Teora on Fri, 28 Feb 2020 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seven24

Post by Seven24 » Thu, 27 Feb 2020 6:51 pm

How much in demand the job of Social media manager in Singapore?