Singapore Expats

Average salaries in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Sat, 19 Nov 2005 9:04 pm

that's so little. i'm NOT (yet) a manager and i make more than that :o
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

iznogud

Architect

Post by iznogud » Tue, 06 Dec 2005 3:42 pm

Hi, I am a fully qualified Spanish architect working as a project manager in Spain with 4 years experience. I'm planning to move to Singapore by january/febreuary. Does anybody how difficult it is to find a job in this sector for a person like me? could you let me know of good construction companies I shoukd apply for in Singapore? does anybody also know what my salary (on an annual basis) should be?
I am now earning aboout S$70000 a year in Spain.
Any other tips will be welcome, thanks a lot.

hei guess what
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hei guess what » Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:28 pm

You will need to register first before you can practice, so you better go about getting registered first.

http://www.boa.gov.sg/registration.html

Do check out the following links as well:

http://www.boa.gov.sg/sites.html

Singapore Institute of Architects (SIA)
http://www.sia.org.sg/

http://dir.bca.gov.sg/bca/AdvSearchList ... lutePage=1

woofwoof

Expat vs local package

Post by woofwoof » Sun, 19 Mar 2006 8:05 pm

What are the differences between a local and expat package? I'm led to believe that an expat package is one with housing (or other) allowance. What about CPF? Does the company pay CPF to an expat?

I'm currently earning AUD$120k p.a. in Melbourne, Australia. I'm still trying to work out what is an appropriate remuneration package I should seek. I know it's also a question of supply & demand but let's just say I have the advantage and the company is seeking my services. However, I do not wish to price myself to high and drop out of contention.

bunty
Reporter
Reporter

Post by bunty » Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:04 am

Would SGD 100K+ cash package be considered on the higher side.....

cheers

dinki di

salary and all

Post by dinki di » Mon, 01 May 2006 8:58 pm

Hi

I am from Australia and have found that in my profession, we get paid much better here than in Australia but only when you get to the senior ranks. Plus the tax rates here are so much friendlier! So by moving here with my job, I have almost doubled my take-home pay - taking into account taxes and forex exposure.

Cars cost a fair bit here though ... even taking out a long term lease on one is quite onerous. Eating out is expensive here as well - apart from hawker fare.

Also it may be worthwile to seek to hedge your forex exposure as well.

sometimesbe

Re: salary

Post by sometimesbe » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 9:34 pm

Jeffery Duncan wrote:Is 5100 dollars Sing a good monthly salary for a manufactureing manager job? Keep in mind I have 2 school age kids. Any advice is appriciated.
should be fine if your wife also makes the same amount every month....

sometimesbe

Post by sometimesbe » Fri, 09 Jun 2006 9:35 pm

bunty wrote:Would SGD 100K+ cash package be considered on the higher side.....

cheers
i think so.....

jacebreen

Post by jacebreen » Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:53 pm

To woofwoof,

all the aussies working for my husband are earning the same amount as what they would be getting back home. The draw for them is the lower cost of living and the much lower tax. On average, someone earning 100K should be paying about 9-13% tax. Also, when you start work here, there's no PAYE. Some companies may insist on keeping a sum of money for the tax. Once you get a tax statement (that for the previous year you have worked), you can arrange to pay it off monthly by direct bank debit or via your credit card.

You can ask for the same amount in salary, 2K for housing (1K more if you have kids) and 1K for transport, min 1 flight home yearly and medical.

Expats do not have to pay CPF, only Singaporeans and Permanent Residents.

BuLB

Post by BuLB » Thu, 29 Jun 2006 4:29 pm

Hello am planning togo to Singapore and find a work there.I am a filipino 28 yrs old single and have an IT Background (Asst. hardware Administrator) most likely my experience is on computer hardware repairs and networking and in software am doing a simple to middle level dynamic website

what can you advice?
jtlardera

ethanhawke

Post by ethanhawke » Tue, 18 Jul 2006 1:12 pm

My advice is - there are too many IT people in Singapore. So if you come here, expect to scrap the bottom of the can like the rest of ordinary Sgporeans.

Chen

US Tax

Post by Chen » Fri, 28 Jul 2006 7:12 pm

Just secured a position with a bank for S$140k p.a. I'm currently a singapore citizen living in US (green card). Single. What do u think of the package would it be sufficient taking into account daily expenses. Worried abt being double taxed but in US and Singapore. I've been on the irs web site for some taxation facts but wanted to hear any one who is in a similar situation for advice. Thank you in advance.

tuono

Re: US Tax

Post by tuono » Thu, 17 Aug 2006 5:15 pm

Chen wrote:Just secured a position with a bank for S$140k p.a. I'm currently a singapore citizen living in US (green card). Single. What do u think of the package would it be sufficient taking into account daily expenses. Worried abt being double taxed but in US and Singapore. I've been on the irs web site for some taxation facts but wanted to hear any one who is in a similar situation for advice. Thank you in advance.
could u possibly share how u managed to clinch such a good deal like that over in the US?

i'm also looking for work there. and am a Singapore citizen, i find that even through my own company who is a US MNC is very hard to get trasnferred over.

Kongster

Post by Kongster » Fri, 08 Sep 2006 4:20 pm

Congrats to u chen~~!!

IndianCA

Post by IndianCA » Tue, 26 Sep 2006 3:03 am

Hey guys,

Can you suggest what should be pay package of a 4 years experience Chartered Acountant from India in Compliance role in Bank at Singapore.

Thanks,
Just Be It !!