Singapore Expats

Decline Job offer After IPA Approved

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kishore2info

Decline Job offer After IPA Approved

Post by kishore2info » Mon, 16 Sep 2019 7:30 pm

Hi All,

I am from outside Singapore.

I got a job opportunity in the Singapore, My employer has raised my application for Employment pass, However it is not yet Approved and IPA not received. AS of now I am having some family problems and I do not want to travel. Still My application is in pending. If it is approved , if i do not travel to Singapore, Will it be a problem.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Decline Job offer After IPA Approved

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Sep 2019 7:59 pm

No, not a problem, but you should let the employer know out of courtesy. They can withdraw the application without any issue and it will not impact future applications either.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 16 Sep 2019 8:32 pm

Not sure if it won't have no impact totally on future applications. Earlier may be, yes. But nowadays after MOM has tightened up a lot of things, they will look very closely at even small things.

kishore2info

Post by kishore2info » Mon, 16 Sep 2019 9:23 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 16 Sep 2019 7:59 pm
No, not a problem, but you should let the employer know out of courtesy. They can withdraw the application without any issue and it will not impact future applications either.

Thanks for your response. There is a clause in the offer letter that, if I am not able to join with in the joining date I have to pay one month salary.

is this clause will applicable,

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 16 Sep 2019 9:43 pm

kishore2info wrote:
Mon, 16 Sep 2019 9:23 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 16 Sep 2019 7:59 pm

Thanks for your response. There is a clause in the offer letter that, if I am not able to join with in the joining date I have to pay one month salary.

is this clause will applicable,
This clause will be surely be valid, if your EP gets approved.

But since it is pending and you are withdrawing, speak to your employer politely and see what can be done.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:29 pm

^^^This.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers