Singapore Expats

Breast Reduction Surgery in Singapore

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Granolabar

Breast Reduction Surgery in Singapore

Post by Granolabar » Wed, 11 Sep 2019 5:03 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm seeking any advise on breast reduction surgeries in Singapore. I'd prefer not to do this type of surgery overseas as I had a friend who underwent a mastectomy and I saw how much help and time she needed to recuperate (sitting around with tubes draining out of her for days), and on top of that, she had suffered complications where she lost her areola (she told me the doctor had said the skin folded etc. etc. her areola/ nipple died- she needed a graft and it looks quite bad to be honest).

So far I have narrowed it down to three clinics that seem to have pretty good google reviews. I find it so hard to find any reviews or recommendations from anyone in Singapore on breast reduction, so any information will be greatly appreciated!

1) Dr Ng Siew Weng (Sweng Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery)
2) Dr Andrew Khoo (Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery)
3) Dr Martin Huang (MH Plastic Surgery)

Anyone had any experience with the above surgeons or any other surgeons to recommend? What is the cost of such a surgery approximately?

I've been wanting a reduction for years because it is really hindering me in my daily life despite the fact the size is C - Can't run without the babies bouncing around in pain, can't jump without pain, can't lie on my stomach comfortably for long (can you imagine the torture during a massage?!), during period it is hell with all the swelling, the worst is when I'm in heels, I'm actually hunched over with the weight and the back pain I get is crazy. Clothes and the bras available for my size are ugly. Clothes never fit properly, shirts tend to burst open and the backs never lie flat, and the bras for C cups are mostly triple hooks with thick and hot and ugly bands! I see so many people asking about BA on this forum, and I just find it so ironic how much I would love to trade places with an A cup...

I hope there is someone out there who can help advise me!

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Breast Reduction Surgery in Singapore

Post by abbby » Wed, 11 Sep 2019 9:27 pm

Boy o boy, the A cups would wish they were in your shoes. C size is a reasonable size and definitely looks better in dress and tight fitting clothes. I think anything larger than C would be considered large. For massages, good to bring along a small long pillow to low on. I know where you're coming from..You can also consider SGH for your reduction. You can opt for a senior plastic surgeon. I don't have names though...sorry about that. Hope someone who has been through give you some pointers.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Granolabar

Post by Granolabar » Thu, 12 Sep 2019 9:46 am

Thanks abbby for dropping a note. I know it sounds crazy that I don't want my C, but at my age, what was once up there is migrating downwards, and I don't have that long a runway, so soon I'd be swinging them puppies from my belly button, and the backaches are really annoying and affecting my posture. Each boob weighs about 500g! Yeah I hope someone can give some pointers. I realised the last time anyone mentioned this subject was 11 years ago!! I believe Dr Andrew Khoo is from SGH, but I'd like other options as well. :)

KhorFangLih

Post by KhorFangLih » Fri, 04 Oct 2019 8:36 pm

My friend done few months back in Penang Adventist Hospital under this Senior (American board certified - look at the website ASPS very vital) Plastic Surgeon - Dr Danny Oh. He was extremely friendly, humble, exemplary, nice, well explained and definitely professional enough with his talented surgeon. From the conversation, he was not the type that force you for the surgery. He allowed consultation through email and whatapps too(save lot of times!) before we flew over to Penang for actual consultation and touring around in the island. We spent like 3 days there, consult and surgery on Thursday, Friday follow up and flew back to Sg on Sunday. It was not the drain as you mentioned, just a rubber which can be removed the next day and not much dressing needed but lollipop scar is there. Most importantly no follow up consultation fee. Subsequent follow ups through email.The cost was around MYR12666 convert to SG dollar is like $4200 +- and rent air bnb which is cheap. You may consider it compare to SG dollar
Last edited by KhorFangLih on Fri, 04 Oct 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Granolabar

Post by Granolabar » Fri, 04 Oct 2019 8:42 pm

Thanks KhorFangLih. I really appreciate your response. Let me look into this since I realise that cost is also a factor!

oatbar

Post by oatbar » Thu, 23 Jan 2020 12:49 am

Hi granola bar,
Have you done the breast reduction yet?
We can do it together if you are keen!!

niawmitz

Post by niawmitz » Wed, 28 Oct 2020 9:42 pm

You can try plastic surgeon Dr Adrian Ooi (previously from SGH), now practicing at Illumia Medical in Singapore. Breast augmentation and breast reduction is his signature procedures.

oatbar

Post by oatbar » Thu, 29 Oct 2020 4:59 pm

Last edited by oatbar on Tue, 15 Jun 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oatbar

Post by oatbar » Tue, 10 Nov 2020 6:26 pm

Last edited by oatbar on Tue, 15 Jun 2021 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andeeng

Post by andeeng » Mon, 21 Dec 2020 1:12 pm

You can try Dr Leo Kah Woon at Mount E. He does breast reduction surgery for both women and men (for those with gynecomastia), aside from breast augmentation services.

Blueboxfish

Post by Blueboxfish » Mon, 24 May 2021 8:22 pm

Hi. Have you ultimately found a good surgeon to do breast reduction? If yes, can you pls share your experience? Or any other good to know information is appreciated 🤗
I’m hoping to find out more about the surgeon, place, cost and the entire procedure.

oatbar

Post by oatbar » Fri, 18 Jun 2021 11:11 pm

Neila

Post by Neila » Sun, 24 Oct 2021 11:18 am

I would rather have your size than my pancake breast. Always wanted to get bigger breast but I scared implanting silicone inside can burst. I read so many women have problem after breast surgery I get scared.

Anyway I have a friend who is a TB, she did her breast reduction at Mount E. Maybe not the type of breast reduction technique you are looking for because hers is so she doesn't have to bind her breast anymore. Good luck on your search!