Singapore Expats Forum

Wingwomen Mission Impossible

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
amui
Chatter
Chatter

Wingwomen Mission Impossible

Post by amui » Wed, 11 Sep 2019 4:00 pm

It is sort of girly topic but I thought I could share this mission here and see whether there would be comments about this topic

Is it middle age crisis? I don't think so [-X but most of my friends have left Singapore and some who still live here are kind of in "retiring" mode :shit: . So, no more night out, no drinking (although I do not drink at all), no night out where we would just do people watching or "check out this guy, he has a weird hairdo", clubbing, hanging out at bars, etc. Even if we do go out, it would be just girls hanging out talking about work, life, etc. :???:

Few of my colleagues think I should find more friends, who would not only be friends to hang out with, but also can be your wingwomen :girl: . Get "fresh air' with new friends. So I have been given a task to find new friends / wingwomen, with a deadline by mid Dec 2019. Talking about deadline :shock: #-o

I don't think there would be any collateral damage for taking this task. But I think it would be an interesting topic to share and exchange opinion in this forum.

abbby
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Wingwomen Mission Impossible

Post by abbby » Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:29 am

Yes, I think, as you grow older, sometimes there's not much of a mood to go drinking, pubbing, hangout and just want to stay at home and catch up on Netflix. But it's always nice to have a few good friends to share your happiness and woes, gossips once in a while. I know what you mean, sometimes, I too, feel too lazy or tired to make that extra effort going out, making new friends. There are a few ladies (in their 20s though) looking to make new friends. What's your age group?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

amui
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Wingwomen Mission Impossible

Post by amui » Mon, 16 Sep 2019 11:28 am

Going 40 soon. Well, yes that is very true. Aging comes in package but I don't think I want to be someone who would stay indoor most of the time. There are time I want to go out but most of my girls are either married & have kids, or prefer to stay indoor. Others that like to go out have left Singapore for good. Not easy to get them to come out and chill.