Singapore Expats Forum

Rollerblading Sun 13 March

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
kat69

Rollerblading Sun 13 March

Postby kat69 » Thu, 10 Mar 2005 8:14 pm

This week's rollerblading will be at East Coast Park as usual. Meet at 4pm outside McDonald's. Everyone welcome :)

Kate

Evka

Postby Evka » Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:16 pm

See you there!

moloch71
Regular
Regular

Postby moloch71 » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 8:55 am

This is something I would like to try, damn you all for having no contact details ! :(

I've rollerbladed a few times, I'm alright on normal skates, and the principle is enough to carry me through.

Because I'm shorter than most westerners (5'8 ), I don't skate as fast as the others do normally ....

Anyway, if I'm still welcome, I would appreciate a little more info (where is east coast park, how would I pick one group out of many in front of macdonalds, is there a hire shop ??). Email me on my yahoo account, name given in my profile. :)

Cheers !

rolling

which station?

Postby rolling » Sat, 12 Mar 2005 3:54 pm

hi. East coast. which station is that? and anybody wants to meet me in the nearest station and go to the Mcdonald by rollerblading? email me, skating_inline@hotmail.com

rolling

no body

Postby rolling » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 4:56 pm

i've just been there, but couldn't find anybody. too short of information.

moloch71
Regular
Regular

Postby moloch71 » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 6:01 pm

I think the nearest mrt is eunos, its still a taxi ride from there tho (damn bus system is too far to figure!)

I saw two people loitering around outside the macafe around 4pm. A short redhead in an orange tanktop, and a big beefy guy in a blue shirt. They seemed to be looking around for others .....

I thought, if it was 'the group', it was more a couple. I didnt feel like being a third wheel. I wonder if they noticed me acting suspicously :p

Low score on organisation for this one ! :(
Moloch horridus - Australian horny devil lizard, exceptional specimens have been found measuring 8 inches.

Skater

Postby Skater » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 6:47 pm

Pretty pathetic to criticise others who organise events. Why don't you try doing it instead of whinging? :roll:

rolling

a

Postby rolling » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 6:57 pm

moloch71, did you sew me?

i was carring a big bag and wore a black hat. i exactly arrived at 4:00pm. eventually, i've wasted 20 dollars for taxis.

i am organising another playgroup as i wrote, if you are interested, join us.

moloch71
Regular
Regular

Postby moloch71 » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 7:37 pm

well, the two i saw were european, i was also looking for kat, because ive seen her pic around

about 4:10, there were a group of 3 asians in the same spot, behaving similiarly, that wasnt you was it ?

oh, and although orchard road is a hella lot easier to get to, damn i hate those crowds and fakey tourist shopping strip :roll:
Moloch horridus - Australian horny devil lizard, exceptional specimens have been found measuring 8 inches.

rolling

a

Postby rolling » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 8:05 pm

no, i was all the way looking around alone.