Singapore Expats

Dover Court or Dulwich??

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
ClaireDumbelton

Dover Court or Dulwich??

Post by ClaireDumbelton » Fri, 30 Aug 2019 7:52 pm

Hi!

My husband, my 6 year old son and I will be moving to singapore next year and we have narrowed our school search down to these two schools.

We have chosen these schools as we are a british family and we would like our son to follow the UK curriculum. We have tried the IB PYP during our time living in china but feel the UK curriculum is a better fit for our son.

I'm torn between the schools, we visited both and I felt Dover Court was smaller and perhaps a bit more welcoming and friendly. However, not sure about the facilities, and level of teaching.

Dulwich seemed to have amazing facilities, but seemed massive and a little clinical. It also seemed quite a far away, we would like to live centrally or to the east coast as my husband will be working at the airport.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if either school has a better teaching reputation? And any personal experiences with either is greatly appreciated.

We have discussed it with my son and he likes Dulwich the for the car track on the roof 🙈🙄. Any other thoughts appreciated...... 😂

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Dover Court or Dulwich??

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 02 Sep 2019 2:34 pm

neither - they are both for profit schools.
Try Tanglin Trust.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!