Singapore Expats Forum

Seeking my PR reactivate in Singapore

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
RAJASEKARAN A

Seeking my PR reactivate in Singapore

Post by RAJASEKARAN A » Mon, 26 Aug 2019 4:12 pm

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I had my PR and my PR Number is S2727790Z. In 2008, I have cancelled it due to various family reasons. Now every things are settled.Now I would like to re-apply and get back my PR status in singapore.

Please inform me whether it is possible or not?

Second thing is I have withdrawn my CPF amount from the singapore govenment after cancelling my PR. I am ready to top up my CPF also if I am able to get my PR status again.

Please review my request and confirm the posibilities of getting PR again.

If it is possible, please inform me the procedures to follow.

Regards,

A. Rajasekaran
+91 9952986407

RAJASEKARAN A

Re: Seeking my PR reactivate in Singapore

Post by RAJASEKARAN A » Mon, 26 Aug 2019 4:16 pm

My email id is " arsporur@gmail.com "

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 26 Aug 2019 6:10 pm

You have to apply. As to whether your are eligible or not will depend on the differences of criteria between 2008 and 2019. There has been two GEs here since then and since 2011 it has been extremely hard for an EP holder from the Sub-continent to get PR. Their criteria and internal quotas (we assume there are as they spent a fair bit of time once they found out the demographics had shifted several percent for one of the minorities and the majority dropped 2 percent. Having had PR and given it up AND withdrawing your CPF signaled you had your fill of Singapore. As the government has a long memory and is vindictive in nature, I wouldn't bet a wooden nickel on you being successful of obtaining PR again, regardless of the fact that you top up your CPF inclusive of all interest that would have been accrued over the past 11 years. In fact, they state that topping up CPF is a requirement if you want to reapply for PR, but it also states that it isn't a guarantee that you will receive PR. I wouldn't bet on it, truth be known.

First thing you would need to do is contact ICA for the relevant steps and advice. They may be helpful enough to tell you whether to apply or not to bother. We have no inside track to either MOM or ICA or IRAS but we collect anecdotal evidence over long periods of time and try to read the tea leaves as much as possible. Our readers are our database (and our archives).

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 26 Aug 2019 6:29 pm

RAJASEKARAN A wrote:
Mon, 26 Aug 2019 4:12 pm
Dear Sir/ Madam,

I had my PR and my PR Number is ABCDE. In 2008, I have cancelled it due to various family reasons. Now every things are settled.Now I would like to re-apply and get back my PR status in singapore.

Please inform me whether it is possible or not?

Second thing is I have withdrawn my CPF amount from the singapore govenment after cancelling my PR. I am ready to top up my CPF also if I am able to get my PR status again.

Please review my request and confirm the posibilities of getting PR again.

If it is possible, please inform me the procedures to follow.

Regards,

A. Rajasekaran
+91 YXZ
Based on what you have said and put here, your chances are close to Zero. Sorry to say this.

How old are you? What do you do? Are you now in EP in SG?
Last edited by singaporeflyer on Mon, 26 Aug 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

therat
Reporter
Reporter

Post by therat » Mon, 26 Aug 2019 7:31 pm

I would suggest remove your NRIC number.

I believe he born before 1968.
Citizen or PR born in 1968 onward.
First 2 number is birth year.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

RAJASEKARAN A

Post by RAJASEKARAN A » Wed, 28 Aug 2019 5:33 pm

Thanks for your reply. I am 56yrs old and currently i am working in india. So is it possible to get a job and subsequent EP approval?

Regards
Rajasekar

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 28 Aug 2019 5:34 pm

RAJASEKARAN A wrote:
Wed, 28 Aug 2019 5:33 pm
Thanks for your reply. I am 56yrs old and currently i am working in india. So is it possible to get a job and subsequent EP approval?

Regards
Rajasekar
Close to 0. Sorry

What is your current nature of work and designation?