Singapore Expats Forum

READ THIS !!!!!

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Zenith

READ THIS !!!!!

Postby Zenith » Thu, 10 Mar 2005 1:47 pm

http://www.smcmc.com/faqs/faqs3.htm

READ CAREFULLY and reply if u have any comment

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 10 Mar 2005 2:22 pm

If it's so easy to do, why does anybody bother to apply for an EP, and why do companies bother to apply for an EP when, by golly, you can just go off and get a landed PR?

But, please, don't let me stop you. Make the application. Prove me wrong. If you get your PR, let me know. I'll learn something, and I'll eat crow.
Last edited by Strong Eagle on Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bulldozer

Strong Eagle

Postby Bulldozer » Thu, 10 Mar 2005 3:22 pm

:lol:

haha, Strong Eagle, you are very cool, I admire you !

Best regards,
Bulldozer

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Mar 2005 3:37 pm

It is easier if you are Indonesian Chinese with a tertiary education here in Singapore. I have received many CV's from these people over the past 10 years. I am sure that there are other asian countries nationals that also are granted them but it's just maybe I've only been exposed to the one in any large capacity.

sms

edited due to wrong their/there/they're

Pinky's too lazy...

Postby Pinky's too lazy... » Thu, 10 Mar 2005 5:01 pm

Try asking them who qualifies and they won't give you a straight answer.. Trust me, i have tried...

votentia

Cost of landed PR

Postby votentia » Thu, 10 Mar 2005 5:45 pm

BTW, the Landed PR costs about US$950 to apply for and this is non-refundable. However, you must have never worked in SIngapore in your life and there are several conditions you have to bear - one, you might have to find a job or settle your immediate family in Singapore.

tsk tsk

Re: Cost of landed PR

Postby tsk tsk » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 9:09 am

There you go, zenith. You've heard it from someone who's been there, done that. Now be a good boy and hop on the next flight back to India. Work for a few years to get some real experience and then try your luck again.
votentia wrote:BTW, the Landed PR costs about US$950 to apply for and this is non-refundable. However, you must have never worked in SIngapore in your life and there are several conditions you have to bear - one, you might have to find a job or settle your immediate family in Singapore.

Professional Brit

Postby Professional Brit » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:24 am

Gosh, that last response was a bit harsh if not racist ??!!!!!
This is a hard country to get started in, good luck to anyone if they can find a scheme that works for them I say!! Some people are more fortunate in life than others, but everyone deserves a chance ..... How sad that others have to be hard and cold to those such individuals.

tsk tsk

Postby tsk tsk » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:27 pm

Hard you say ? That certainly doesn't make sense when a quarter of the country's population are foreigners. The govt welcomes you guys with open arms and label you as talent while they marginalise their own born and bred citizens. If that's hard, I'd like to hear your definition of easy :)
Professional Brit wrote:Gosh, that last response was a bit harsh if not racist ??!!!!!
This is a hard country to get started in, good luck to anyone if they can find a scheme that works for them I say!! Some people are more fortunate in life than others, but everyone deserves a chance ..... How sad that others have to be hard and cold to those such individuals.

Prof Brit

Postby Prof Brit » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 3:11 pm

Tsk Tsk you obviously have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about foreigners here and whilst I do agree it's not difficult for someone employed by a large MNC, it is difficult for Joe Average that may not be degree educated with several years of work experience. This applys to a lot of spouses that have moved here with their partners and unlike other parts of the world where one can still make an honest living without being "talent", it can be difficult just to find a "normal" every day job ........

Strong Eagle

Immigration Authority Clarifies LPR - NOT!!!!!

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 4:17 pm

I wrote the following email to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority:

[i]Ladies/Gentlemen,

I have found, on at least two websites, reference to a “landed permanent resident”

expt

Postby expt » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 7:08 pm

I guess it is the time we accept the fact that inputs coming from personal experiences can help others alongside facts. Yes the best source of info is ICA website, however people sharing their real life experiences can have something to offer.

Let me tell you guys, I also got LPR thru this scheme and subsequentaly got Full PR status after completeing the requirements. I applied thru SMC consultants and got my LPR first and after completing requriements, I was awarded full PR.

Sometime back I shared my experience on LPR and provided my inputs on this, but when the things started getting hot in terms of words, I stopped further. Becuase going into verbal confortations is not one would be looking for on this forum, as when we write we want to help others.

I hope now this should put an end to bitterness interms of LPR issues and threads posted, and those interested in applying for LPR may kindly pursue with SMC consultants. Also those senior/regular guys writing on LPR may also consider avoid getting harsh (sometimes).

One thing is common in all of us here, is that everybody want to contribute, so contributing harshly is not going to help any one.

I also appologise in advance if my this thread has any words that may make feel some one uncomfortable as I dont mean to do that.

Expat

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:23 am

expt wrote:I guess it is the time we accept the fact that inputs coming from personal experiences can help others alongside facts. Yes the best source of info is ICA website, however people sharing their real life experiences can have something to offer.

Let me tell you guys, I also got LPR thru this scheme and subsequentaly got Full PR status after completeing the requirements. I applied thru SMC consultants and got my LPR first and after completing requriements, I was awarded full PR.

Sometime back I shared my experience on LPR and provided my inputs on this, but when the things started getting hot in terms of words, I stopped further. Becuase going into verbal confortations is not one would be looking for on this forum, as when we write we want to help others.

I hope now this should put an end to bitterness interms of LPR issues and threads posted, and those interested in applying for LPR may kindly pursue with SMC consultants. Also those senior/regular guys writing on LPR may also consider avoid getting harsh (sometimes).

One thing is common in all of us here, is that everybody want to contribute, so contributing harshly is not going to help any one.

I also appologise in advance if my this thread has any words that may make feel some one uncomfortable as I dont mean to do that.

Expat

So... one thing that would be very useful is for you to post something of your qualifications, experience, background, credentials, etc. That way we (Zenith) might get an idea of what it takes to get an LPR.

Thanks for posting.

ecpt

Postby ecpt » Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:08 am

Precisely would be difficult to draw any line for approval/rejected cases, as it varies from person to person (education, skills, experience, income).

My qualifications were(at point of time of applying) Master degree, abt 7 years experience in Finace and IT industry, very good salary (income level). When I gave all papers to consultants, they took sometime to assess, and informed me of my possible chances and even offered me whether I want to pursue further or not.

So the best thing would be to contact the consultants, and let them assess, as I dont think same barometer can be applied in every case, and in my personal perception, immigration may be (remember I am not sure how they decide) deciding the cases on merit basis (case-to-case basis).

I hope above helps, but obviosuly those interested to apply and not fitting in specifics as shown on ICA website, may puruse with SMC, as it would be difficult for anyone on this forum to guide them with 100% correct assessments of their eligibility or otherwise for LPR.
Expat

zenith

Postby zenith » Mon, 14 Mar 2005 9:32 am

tsk tsk,

i am indonesian chinese not india. why u always do the blind jugdement?

u must like strong eagle, give advice, direct but welcome the critic