Singapore Expats

LTVP Application Rejected. Seeking Advice for Appealing

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
naim1107

LTVP Application Rejected. Seeking Advice for Appealing

Post by naim1107 » Sat, 24 Aug 2019 2:54 pm

Hello Everyone!

My wife is a Singapore PR and have been living here since 1993. She recently (July 30th) applied for LTVP for me and it was rejected. Her income is 2.7k and I am an Australian Citizen (not caucasian). We are thinking of appealing the decision. To be honest she does not need to support me as I have businesses overseas. Not sure what should we do to increase our chances so that LTVP is granted and what else should we provide.

- Should we provide additional proof that this marriage is not of convenience (wedding photos, travel history etc)?
- Should I provide documents to show that I am not depended on my wife's salary (overseas business profile, trade licenses etc)?
- Currently we are staying with her parents at a private condo which means she does not have much expenses like rent etc. Will this improve our chances?

As my wife have been living here almost all her life with her family it will be really hard for her to quit her job and start a new life somewhere else.

Also since last January I have been visiting Singapore a lot and we got married here on June 2018. Each time I am here I spend about a month or 2 with her. Unfortunately during the past 3 times while I was entering Singapore they kept taking me to the side counter and asked additional questions. Specially during the last visit the immigration officer at the counter advised to sort out the LTVP application soon so that I do not have trouble entering Singapore next time. As I am going overseas again next week for 4 days and coming back I am not sure if I will face any issues entering Singapore and what I should do as a precaution.

Seeking your kind advice.

Thanks in advanced.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Re: LTVP Application Rejected. Seeking Advice for Appealing

Post by MOCHS » Sat, 24 Aug 2019 6:18 pm

Well, I have some questions...

1) You did not state how old both of you are. ICA appears to prefer child-bearing age.

2) You did not state what race both of you are. I know it shouldn't matter but no one knows if ICA takes that into account.

3) Were you aware of the pre-marriage long term visit pass assessment (PMLA) before you married last year? It would have given you an idea on whether you would be eligible for a LTVP. Were you planning to continuously fly in and out of Singapore as a permanent arrangement after marriage?

4) Your wife's salary seems to be slightly low. Did you state whether you wish to work in Singapore or not during the LTVP application? If you chose no, ICA would find it hard for your wife to support you on her salary even though you have your own business overseas. The key thing here is that she is your sponsor for the LTVP and therefore, ICA will look into her credentials more than yours.

Do you have any plans to work or set up a business in Singapore? Maybe an E-pass or Entrepass would be suitable for you if you want to stay in SG with her in the long run. Then maybe you can apply for PR after a few years.

The point of the LTVP is for you to stay here for the long term, not for you to have the pass and keep flying in and out whenever you please. ICA probably saw your travel records into SG and felt that you may not be serious about staying here long term? Even if you had a successful LTVP, if you only stay in SG for X months out of a year, your chances of LTVP renewal would be low.

5) Since ICA has taken issue with your frequent trips into Singapore, I feel you are already walking on dangerous ground here and they may think you're trying to do a visa run. I don't know what advice to give.

-------

I am not sure about the appeal process but you can try? You'll need a lot of luck. You probably also need to start doing something to put down roots in SG to show ICA you are serious about staying here.

lot286
Chatter
Chatter

Post by lot286 » Sat, 24 Aug 2019 7:13 pm

It sounds fishy to be honest ..that you have businesses overseas and yet you do not stay at your own place in Singapore (or even rent one)...plus your wife's salary is very low and both you and her are staying at her parents. These r all red flags. I'm not surprised your application was rejected

naim1107

Post by naim1107 » Mon, 26 Aug 2019 11:36 am

MOCHS wrote:
Sat, 24 Aug 2019 6:18 pm
Hey MOCHS, Thank you for your kind reply!

1) My wife is 30 and I am 34.

2) We are both from Bangladeshi origin.

3) We thought PMLA is for Singapore Citizen - Non Resident couple. My wife is a Singapore PR only.

4) I did select yes as I am planning to expand my business here or start working here.

5) I understand why to ICA it may seem like visa runs even though they were not. As we are going Krabi on the 31st do you think calling ICA to check if I will be able to re-enter Singapore would help? If LTVP Appeal fails I can then apply for Entre pass or E-pass.

Hopefully our Appeal goes through. I agree with the fact that we shall require a lot of luck with that.

BTW do you have any suggestions for agencies to consult for Entrepass or E-visa application?

Thank you again for your very informative replies

naim1107

Post by naim1107 » Mon, 26 Aug 2019 11:49 am

lot286 wrote:
Sat, 24 Aug 2019 7:13 pm
It sounds fishy to be honest ..that you have businesses overseas and yet you do not stay at your own place in Singapore (or even rent one)...plus your wife's salary is very low and both you and her are staying at her parents. These r all red flags. I'm not surprised your application was rejected
Not sure why it would sound fishy to be honest.
- I dont want my wife to stay by herself when I am not in Singapore.
- She also has elderly parents.
- Yes, we accept that her salary is very low and she needs to work on that.

I understand from you or from ICA's point of view when each case is judged against certain requirement by ICA and it may not look strong enough and hence rejected. But fishy means trying to take advantage of something illegally. Not sure what fishy thing we are doing here.

sportye

Post by sportye » Mon, 26 Aug 2019 2:07 pm

Hi,

Did they ask u to submit original documents to ICA? or have u ever sent them the documents through email?

naim1107

Post by naim1107 » Mon, 26 Aug 2019 2:15 pm

sportye wrote:
Mon, 26 Aug 2019 2:07 pm
Hi,

Did they ask u to submit original documents to ICA? or have u ever sent them the documents through email?
Hello Sportye,

No we neither they asked us to submit any original documents and we did not submit either as on the application form online they didn’t ask us to. We actually were waiting for them to ask us for those.

Thank you

sportye

Post by sportye » Mon, 26 Aug 2019 2:19 pm

Hi,

For appealing please try to attached those documents e.g Marriage Cert, Employement letter of ur wife, Educational Cert and even ur income proof that u earn from business I think those documents will help in the appealing process. Keep us updated on the progress and goodluck.

Thanks

naim1107

Post by naim1107 » Mon, 26 Aug 2019 3:05 pm

sportye wrote:
Mon, 26 Aug 2019 2:19 pm
Hi,

For appealing please try to attached those documents e.g Marriage Cert, Employement letter of ur wife, Educational Cert and even ur income proof that u earn from business I think those documents will help in the appealing process. Keep us updated on the progress and goodluck.

Thanks
Thank you so much for your advise.

I sure will let you know of any updates :)