Singapore Expats

Timeline of my husband's initial PMLA & LTVP and renewals, then finally PR!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
thepoppingone

Re: Timeline of my husband's initial PMLA & LTVP, and subsequent renewals

Post by thepoppingone » Mon, 12 Jul 2021 12:27 pm

Hi everyone, just to share my timeline as well:

Details of myself:
Singaporean, 29. Holding a public service job for 3 years.

Details of my spouse:

she holds a HKSAR passport and is 29 this year. Worked in Hong Kong.

2019 September:
Got married, applied for PMLA prior to that date

2020:
Covid happened and she was stuck in Hong Kong, unable to make it down to Singapore to apply for LTVP before PMLA expiry

2021 June 23:
Finally we made it back to Singapore, during quarantine we applied for LTVP

2021 June 28:
Submitted all documents

2021 June 30:
Received in principle approval (in 3 working days)

2021 July 1st:
Did health check up

2021 July 2nd:
Submitted the rest of the requirement documents

2021 July 3rd:
Received a midnight email that it’s approved and booked appointment for 12th July collection of LTVP

2021 July 12th:
Took around 1.5 hours and collected LTVP of 1 year validity.

We both submitted our income details as well from our relative jobs in Singapore and Hong Kong.

Not sure what extra info I should provide, please ask away!

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular

Post by JWNYsg » Tue, 27 Jul 2021 7:24 pm

Thank you for sharing

gelgel1120

Post by gelgel1120 » Sun, 01 Aug 2021 10:57 pm

thepoppingone wrote:
Mon, 12 Jul 2021 12:27 pm
Hi everyone, just to share my timeline as well:

Details of myself:
Singaporean, 29. Holding a public service job for 3 years.

Details of my spouse:

she holds a HKSAR passport and is 29 this year. Worked in Hong Kong.

2019 September:
Got married, applied for PMLA prior to that date

2020:
Covid happened and she was stuck in Hong Kong, unable to make it down to Singapore to apply for LTVP before PMLA expiry

2021 June 23:
Finally we made it back to Singapore, during quarantine we applied for LTVP

2021 June 28:
Submitted all documents

2021 June 30:
Received in principle approval (in 3 working days)

2021 July 1st:
Did health check up

2021 July 2nd:
Submitted the rest of the requirement documents

2021 July 3rd:
Received a midnight email that it’s approved and booked appointment for 12th July collection of LTVP

2021 July 12th:
Took around 1.5 hours and collected LTVP of 1 year validity.

We both submitted our income details as well from our relative jobs in Singapore and Hong Kong.

Not sure what extra info I should provide, please ask away!
Thank you so much for your sharing! Very glad to see your case because it is the same case for me and my current partner now.
Would you mind sharing the job situation of your spouse? Was she employed in SG before getting married here and apply for LTVP? It would be helpful to know if she had applied for LOC/PLOC to seek jobs in SG. Thank you so much! :)

alexa.1

Post by alexa.1 » Mon, 09 Aug 2021 2:39 pm

Hi Mochs! Thank you so much for sharing your timeline.

My SC Fiancé and I (s pass holder) applied for PMLA a week ago and still waiting for the result. 😆

I read on some forums that during the LTVP application, the foreign applicant/work pass holder will be asked if he/she did a medical check-up within the past 2 years? If you choose Yes, you do not need to go for the medical check-up as the applicant is a work pass holder. (We need to go for medical check-ups every 2 years if i am not wrong).

However for my case, I went for the medical check up early 2018 (coz I think I need to renew my pass at that point of time. MOM didn't grant me 2 years as my passport was about to expire) and then late 2019, my company renewed my contract and work pass again but didn't go for the check-up as I just went for it last 2018. Either my company/mom advised there's no need to go for medical check-up again coz I think I only need to go every 2 years. And during my work pass renewal, I did declare that I'm not infected of any disease such as TB, HIV, Aids.

My question now, if I encounter this kind of question (If did medical check-up within 2 years) should I say yes or no? I mean of course it's too obvious that it's more than 2 years already 😆 but I'm afraid ICA will ask for my medical records and I won't be able to produce that. Since I don't have the records with me.

Oh, btw I just did HIV test from a different clinic a couple of weeks ago but not sure whether ICA will accept that or not.

Hope to hear from you soon.

(Everyone can also answer my question if you have an idea. Thank you!)

wander54321

Post by wander54321 » Sat, 11 Sep 2021 1:42 pm

Hello again! Sharing my LTVP renewal experience here - it's my first time doing so:

What Changed
- Got a job
- Had a baby :D

I was previously granted a LTVP with one year validity, expiring in November. Like MOCHS' case, my spouse and I decided it's safest to start the renewal procedure 3 months before (late July / early August) so that my PLOC will be renewed on time as well. The HR lady in my company also reminded me about this in the same month.

Renewal Timeline

29 July 2021 - submitted online form for LTVP renewal. There were more documents required this time as my situation has changed, ie. payslips, employer letter, etc.

5 Aug 2021 - LTVP renewal approved in principle, pending my medical examination.

I would have been able to use the medical report form which I submitted last year when I first applied for the LTVP, as it has a validity of 2 years. However, I didn't do an x-ray test last year due to my pregnancy, so I had to redo the blood test along with getting an x-ray.

12 Aug 2021 - submitted medical report, approved within the same day. Paid the issuance fee and booked my appointment to complete formalities.

11 Sep 2021 - completed the formalities within 30 mins and was told that I've been granted a LTVP+ with 3 years validity. I didn't bring extra documents, only the ones stated in the approval letter. Documents were checked and thumbprint taken at the first counter, then was directed to the second one for card collection.

The officer punched a hole in my previous LTVP card, also issued a Temporary PLOC with my employment details listed. He said this is because they have to cancel my current PLOC when my LTVP renewal is successful. The Temporary PLOC has 1 month validity, while waiting for MOM to issue me a new PLOC.

---

That's about it! Hope this is useful to anyone who's about to renew their LTVPs.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 11 Sep 2021 3:45 pm

Now this is the kind of poo we like getting. Thanks wander54321 This tends to continue to reinforce information we give out. It's good when we get recently approved updates as it lets us know if something has changed without us knowing it. Oh, and congrats, glad it went smoothly.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Wed, 15 Sep 2021 12:33 pm

Congrats wander54321! If your child is a SC, you could also apply for PR too and M’sian Chinese are usually looked upon favourably.

Sunjackal
Regular
Regular

Post by Sunjackal » Sat, 18 Sep 2021 10:51 am

Glad I read this. Could have sworn blind I used a passport photo booth at the ICA building in the past. I’d better make sure that I get my photograph taken in advance of my appointment!

Seethegoodstore

Post by Seethegoodstore » Wed, 22 Sep 2021 7:28 pm

wander54321 wrote:
Sat, 11 Sep 2021 1:42 pm
Hello again! Sharing my LTVP renewal experience here - it's my first time doing so:

What Changed
- Got a job
- Had a baby :D

I was previously granted a LTVP with one year validity, expiring in November. Like MOCHS' case, my spouse and I decided it's safest to start the renewal procedure 3 months before (late July / early August) so that my PLOC will be renewed on time as well. The HR lady in my company also reminded me about this in the same month.

Renewal Timeline

29 July 2021 - submitted online form for LTVP renewal. There were more documents required this time as my situation has changed, ie. payslips, employer letter, etc.

5 Aug 2021 - LTVP renewal approved in principle, pending my medical examination.

I would have been able to use the medical report form which I submitted last year when I first applied for the LTVP, as it has a validity of 2 years. However, I didn't do an x-ray test last year due to my pregnancy, so I had to redo the blood test along with getting an x-ray.

12 Aug 2021 - submitted medical report, approved within the same day. Paid the issuance fee and booked my appointment to complete formalities.

11 Sep 2021 - completed the formalities within 30 mins and was told that I've been granted a LTVP+ with 3 years validity. I didn't bring extra documents, only the ones stated in the approval letter. Documents were checked and thumbprint taken at the first counter, then was directed to the second one for card collection.

The officer punched a hole in my previous LTVP card, also issued a Temporary PLOC with my employment details listed. He said this is because they have to cancel my current PLOC when my LTVP renewal is successful. The Temporary PLOC has 1 month validity, while waiting for MOM to issue me a new PLOC.

---

That's about it! Hope this is useful to anyone who's about to renew their LTVPs.
Hi wander54321! Congrats on the baby :)
Im an Indonesian woman with my partner who holds EP in Singapore and we're looking to get married - I've been looking for information regarding the PMLA & LTVP, and found your post! I wonder with the current travel restrictions, whether its better to get married in Indonesia or Singapore as we plan to settle down there. So before you got married, how did you and your husband manage to be in Singapore during the pandemic? did you get married first outside Singapore or apply for the PMLA then entering?

Any advise would be highly appreciated! thanks :)

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Wed, 22 Sep 2021 10:10 pm

Seethegoodstore wrote:
Wed, 22 Sep 2021 7:28 pm
Im an Indonesian woman with my partner who holds EP in Singapore and we're looking to get married - I've been looking for information regarding the PMLA & LTVP, and found your post! I wonder with the current travel restrictions, whether its better to get married in Indonesia or Singapore as we plan to settle down there. So before you got married, how did you and your husband manage to be in Singapore during the pandemic? did you get married first outside Singapore or apply for the PMLA then entering?

Based on wander54321’s original post, she is from Malaysia, not Indonesia. Her spouse is also Singaporean and they married in Singapore. PMLA is only for Singaporeans with foreigner spouse-to-be. LTVP is for spouses of Singaporeans and PRs.

Since you mentioned your partner has EP , you’ll only be eligible for a Dependents Pass.

apeachxy

Post by apeachxy » Fri, 24 Sep 2021 12:30 am

Glad that I found this thread. Today just apply renewal for my husband LTVP and now will just need him to got employment letter from his company to complete the submission. Also would like to ask if anyone got experienced on this before. Previously we didn't click on apply PLOC while apply for his LTVP and this time for renewal we checked the "wish to apply PLOC", and then on the submit documents (payslips, passport, etc...) page there's this part where it state that "Please upload your Pre-Approved Letter of Consent (PLOC) with E-Notification to employ a PLOC holder or the Letter of Consent (LOC) issued by MOM." :???: So does it work if we upload his LOC from current employer? :-k

wander54321

Post by wander54321 » Fri, 24 Sep 2021 1:31 am

MOCHS wrote:
Wed, 15 Sep 2021 12:33 pm
Congrats wander54321! If your child is a SC, you could also apply for PR too and M’sian Chinese are usually looked upon favourably.
Thanks MOCHS! Yup my child is a SC and I actually submitted the application for PR shortly after applying to renew my LTVP. Still pending on the PR, this will definitely take more time. Hence happy that the new LTVP granted has a longer validity.

wander54321

Post by wander54321 » Fri, 24 Sep 2021 1:39 am

Seethegoodstore wrote:
Wed, 22 Sep 2021 7:28 pm

Hi Seethegoodstore, as MOCHS pointed out, your partner should be looking to get you a Dependent Pass instead of a LTVP. So sorry I can't provide any advice regarding obtaining a DP as I'm not familiar with its process :(

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Fri, 24 Sep 2021 7:49 am

apeachxy wrote:
Fri, 24 Sep 2021 12:30 am
"Please upload your Pre-Approved Letter of Consent (PLOC) with E-Notification to employ a PLOC holder or the Letter of Consent (LOC) issued by MOM." :???: So does it work if we upload his LOC from current employer? :-k
The company has to apply for LOC from MOM in the first place. So the LOC the company gave to your husband should be the same thing.

Yes, I also had to upload my husband’s PLOC during renewal too.

apeachxy

Post by apeachxy » Fri, 01 Oct 2021 8:54 pm

Thank you MOCHS. We just gotten email yesterday informed that my husband LTVP renewal is IPA :D
Quite surprise, we upload all the documents on Monday and received email Thursday night. The last time when we apply LTVP its take almost 2 week to IPA. Now just need to wait for his medical report then can submit to ICA. Hopefully can get email back from ICA on the same week :lol: