Singapore Expats

Timeline of my husband's initial PMLA & LTVP and renewals, then finally PR!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
GTR1307

Re: Timeline of my husband's initial PMLA & LTVP and renewals, then finally PR!

Post by GTR1307 » Mon, 20 Feb 2023 9:36 pm

Firstly, thank you MOCHS for this amazing thread! It was a good read!

Hope someone can clear my queries :D

My fiancée & will be getting married a month from now & I'm wondering:

1) How long of an extension ICA usually grant for purpose of marriage? As I will be applying LTVP for her with a valid LLE & hope she can stay throughout the whole LTVP process without having to re-enter Singapore.

2)I have bought a flight ticket out of Singapore dated 30days upon her arrival in SG to a nearby Asean country (To save cost) as I think she most likely won't be needing it if her LTVP gets approved by then. Will there a problem if the return ticket is not to her home country?

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Tue, 21 Feb 2023 8:18 am

GTR1307 wrote:
Mon, 20 Feb 2023 9:36 pm
1)How long of an extension ICA usually grant for purpose of marriage? As I will be applying LTVP for her with a valid LLE & hope she can stay throughout the whole LTVP process without having to re-enter Singapore.

2)I have bought a flight ticket out of Singapore dated 30days upon her arrival in SG to a nearby Asean country (To save cost) as I think she most likely won't be needing it if her LTVP gets approved by then. Will there a problem if the return ticket is not to her home country?
1. Don’t know. Depends on her nationality. Maybe 30 days? Not sure how many times you can extend as well. You can always get her to fly in 2 weeks before the wedding date…

2. Does not matter. As long it is a ticket out of Singapore.

GTR1307

Post by GTR1307 » Tue, 21 Feb 2023 10:22 am

MOCHS wrote:
Tue, 21 Feb 2023 8:18 am
GTR1307 wrote:
Mon, 20 Feb 2023 9:36 pm
1)How long of an extension ICA usually grant for purpose of marriage? As I will be applying LTVP for her with a valid LLE & hope she can stay throughout the whole LTVP process without having to re-enter Singapore.

1. Don’t know. Depends on her nationality. Maybe 30 days? Not sure how many times you can extend as well. You can always get her to fly in 2 weeks before the wedding date…

2. Does not matter. As long it is a ticket out of Singapore.
Thank you for your reply!

Maybe I'm overthinking for 1) She is PRC so from what ICA told me by default is 30days, extension subjected to justification & approval.

Worst case just have to have her fly back & fly in when we receive her IPA.

Noted for 2) :D

enola

Post by enola » Fri, 24 Mar 2023 11:18 am

MOCHS wrote:
Tue, 07 Feb 2023 4:17 pm
enola wrote:
Sat, 04 Feb 2023 4:58 pm
let's say it is approved in March and given a 1-year LTVP, will the expiry date of the new LTVP be May 2024 or March 2024?
Expiry date is based on when you go down to ICA for the appointment to get the new LTVP card.

Let’s say approve in March, earliest ICA slot is on April and you go down, the new LTVP expires in April 2024.

You can always make the appointment 1 week before the current LTVP expiration date if you’re worried.
Thanks MOCHS.
Just an update:
Submitted the LTVP renewal application on 11 March, and received the IPA on 17 March. This is faster than expected.

thepoppingone

Re: Timeline of my husband's initial PMLA & LTVP, and subsequent renewals

Post by thepoppingone » Fri, 28 Apr 2023 12:45 am

Sorry for replying two years late!

She had a special case where she was alr employed by a SG company in another country and relocated here via internal transfer, of course also applied for a PLOC prior.
gelgel1120 wrote:
Sun, 01 Aug 2021 10:57 pm
thepoppingone wrote:
Mon, 12 Jul 2021 12:27 pm
Hi everyone, just to share my timeline as well:

Details of myself:
Singaporean, 29. Holding a public service job for 3 years.

Details of my spouse:

she holds a HKSAR passport and is 29 this year. Worked in Hong Kong.

2019 September:
Got married, applied for PMLA prior to that date

2020:
Covid happened and she was stuck in Hong Kong, unable to make it down to Singapore to apply for LTVP before PMLA expiry

2021 June 23:
Finally we made it back to Singapore, during quarantine we applied for LTVP

2021 June 28:
Submitted all documents

2021 June 30:
Received in principle approval (in 3 working days)

2021 July 1st:
Did health check up

2021 July 2nd:
Submitted the rest of the requirement documents

2021 July 3rd:
Received a midnight email that it’s approved and booked appointment for 12th July collection of LTVP

2021 July 12th:
Took around 1.5 hours and collected LTVP of 1 year validity.

We both submitted our income details as well from our relative jobs in Singapore and Hong Kong.

Not sure what extra info I should provide, please ask away!
Thank you so much for your sharing! Very glad to see your case because it is the same case for me and my current partner now.
Would you mind sharing the job situation of your spouse? Was she employed in SG before getting married here and apply for LTVP? It would be helpful to know if she had applied for LOC/PLOC to seek jobs in SG. Thank you so much! :)

magnallion

Post by magnallion » Fri, 19 May 2023 6:48 am

MOCHS wrote:
Mon, 15 Aug 2022 8:56 pm
Table of content
  • Administrative matters after PR (in this post below)
Nine weeks after PR formalities:
- The one we’ve been patiently waiting for. Hubby got the letter of exemption from NS. No need to login to the MINDEF website or go down to CMPB at all. Needless to say, the letter is stored with the rest of his PR stuff.
Great post, it's been quite helpful for me :)

Can you share the process to apply for the letter of exemption from NS (for spouses whose are granted PR).

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Fri, 19 May 2023 8:08 am

magnallion wrote:
Fri, 19 May 2023 6:48 am

Can you share the process to apply for the letter of exemption from NS (for spouses whose are granted PR).
Re-read what I wrote. Did I mention there’s any process?

“the one we’ve been patiently waiting for” just means that. No need to scrutinise so hard.