Singapore Expats Forum

PEP Salary eligibility

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
SkandaJayaraman

PEP Salary eligibility

Post by SkandaJayaraman » Thu, 22 Aug 2019 11:27 am

Hello Friends,

I am interested in applying to the PEP visa. In my local currency my monthly salary falls short of the required $18000 pm by a couple of hundred dollars. Will this be held against my application and will I be rejected, or is the difference a bit small for it to be considered?

I am an Investment Banker with over 16 years experience.

Incidentally, I used to be a singapore PR from 2005 to 2010, but it didnt get renewed since I had relocated out of singapore to take up a job of my liking. We now have a son and daugther too (both born post relocation from singapore).

Your feedback will be deeply appreciated. Thanks a lot.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 1

Re: PEP Salary eligibility

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 22 Aug 2019 11:43 am

Did you withdraw your CPF contributions when you lost your PR 9 years ago? If so, you will be lucky to get a PEP or any other type of employment visa. As far as the income level is concerned, yes it must be AT LEAST $18,000/mo BASIC.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: PEP Salary eligibility

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 22 Aug 2019 12:44 pm

SkandaJayaraman wrote:
Thu, 22 Aug 2019 11:27 am
Hello Friends,

I am interested in applying to the PEP visa. In my local currency my monthly salary falls short of the required $18000 pm by a couple of hundred dollars. Will this be held against my application and will I be rejected, or is the difference a bit small for it to be considered?

I am an Investment Banker with over 16 years experience.

Incidentally, I used to be a singapore PR from 2005 to 2010, but it didnt get renewed since I had relocated out of singapore to take up a job of my liking. We now have a son and daugther too (both born post relocation from singapore).

Your feedback will be deeply appreciated. Thanks a lot.
They won't consider the application unless it meets atleast the minimum salary criteria.. I don't think they would relax the application rules, even if you were a PR before and your CPF is still in SG.