Singapore Expats

Quick wedding destinations near SG

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
yellowdayze

Quick wedding destinations near SG

Post by yellowdayze » Sat, 17 Aug 2019 2:43 pm

Hello all,

My girlfriend and I are needing a quick wedding somewhere close to SG. Does anyone know of a convenient (quick, cheap, hassle-free) location?

Thanks for any help you can give.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Quick wedding destinations near SG

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 17 Aug 2019 3:09 pm

What's wrong with Singapore? You can get married here easily enough.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 17 Aug 2019 9:40 pm

Las Vegas.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 18 Aug 2019 12:25 am

PNGMK wrote:
Sat, 17 Aug 2019 9:40 pm
Las Vegas.
Not that cheap anymore unless you are a heck of a frequent flyer. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 18 Aug 2019 12:46 am

yellowdayze wrote:
Sat, 17 Aug 2019 2:43 pm
Hello all,

My girlfriend and I are needing a quick wedding somewhere close to SG. Does anyone know of a convenient (quick, cheap, hassle-free) location?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Neighboring countries have residency requirements. Example: In Malaysia you need to be resident in the district in which you get married for seven days or more. You need a bunch of other docs as well.

Maybe Thailand would be your best bet. A three day residency requirement. You need an affidavit from your embassy (both of you) that you are single. You get married in front of a registrar in a civil ceremony.
If you are both foreigners, you will need to present yourself in person with your passports at your home embassy in Thailand. You will be required to complete declarations attesting that you are single and free to marry in accordance with Thai law, and a consular officer will then register the marriage. You will need to have the completed declaration translated into Thai, and you will then need to take all the required documents, translations and passport copies to the legalisation division of the Department of Consular Affairs for it to be signed. This usually takes two days.

Once this has been done, the documents and translations are then ready to be submitted to the District Registrar, who will register the marriage and issue the marriage certificate in Thai.

SMS has got it right. The simplest place to get legally married is Singapore... then go have a second celebration ceremony somewhere else... Tioman aint bad.