Singapore Expats

PR approved - but medical examination report delayed by 2 weeks!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
amiyain

PR approved - but medical examination report delayed by 2 weeks!

Post by amiyain » Tue, 13 Aug 2019 10:28 am

Dear All,

This forum has been very helpful while I waited eagerly for my PR results. Finally, it got approved on the 1st of Aug. I received online conformation on the 4th and got the letter on the 5th. Got my appointment on the 19th and diligently arranged all documents and went for medical examination at Raffles on 7th. I was supposed to get the results by 14th, but today I got a call that the report will be delayed by 2 more weeks and I need to postpone my appointment! They won't give me a clear explanation other than saying my blood needs to be sent to an outside lab for confirmation and I am a special case (which scared the shit out of me).

I am thinking I can just print another medical form and go to another hospital and get the report in a day or two. Yes, I have to spend 200 bucks more, but that is worth the time saved.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any guidance is really appreciated.
Cheers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: PR approved - but medical examination report delayed by 2 weeks!

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 13 Aug 2019 2:50 pm

amiyain wrote:
Tue, 13 Aug 2019 10:28 am
Dear All,

This forum has been very helpful while I waited eagerly for my PR results. Finally, it got approved on the 1st of Aug. I received online conformation on the 4th and got the letter on the 5th. Got my appointment on the 19th and diligently arranged all documents and went for medical examination at Raffles on 7th. I was supposed to get the results by 14th, but today I got a call that the report will be delayed by 2 more weeks and I need to postpone my appointment! They won't give me a clear explanation other than saying my blood needs to be sent to an outside lab for confirmation and I am a special case (which scared the shit out of me).

I am thinking I can just print another medical form and go to another hospital and get the report in a day or two. Yes, I have to spend 200 bucks more, but that is worth the time saved.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any guidance is really appreciated.
Cheers
Visit them and ask them what is the reason for the delay. Ask them if you can pay more via he urgent route and they can process it earlier. This option was available some 6 months ago.

amiyain

Post by amiyain » Wed, 14 Aug 2019 5:16 pm

I got another test done at mediwaymedical for 50 bucks. Got the report the next day. Everything is all right phew...
Called up Raffles and asked for a refund. They will get back soon. The incident did scare me...

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 14 Aug 2019 6:18 pm

amiyain wrote:
Wed, 14 Aug 2019 5:16 pm
I got another test done at mediwaymedical for 50 bucks. Got the report the next day. Everything is all right phew...
Called up Raffles and asked for a refund. They will get back soon. The incident did scare me...
You still dont want to find what is the underlying medical condition that Raffles is trying to find out?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Aug 2019 6:31 pm

I was thinking the same thing!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

amiyain

Post by amiyain » Wed, 14 Aug 2019 11:31 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 14 Aug 2019 6:18 pm
amiyain wrote:
You still dont want to find what is the underlying medical condition that Raffles is trying to find out?
It was a simple HIV test, I already got the result for it from the other test. I think they either messed up due to long holiday week or it was a false positive (ELISA test has a 1% false-positive rate) requiring further tests.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 15 Aug 2019 1:16 pm

amiyain wrote:
Wed, 14 Aug 2019 11:31 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
amiyain wrote:
It was a simple HIV test, I already got the result for it from the other test. I think they either messed up due to long holiday week or it was a false positive (ELISA test has a 1% false-positive rate) requiring further tests.
You should not be making assumptions. If you are really interested, you must be asking them what is the finding that delayed the result.

amiyain

Post by amiyain » Fri, 16 Aug 2019 2:32 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 15 Aug 2019 1:16 pm
amiyain wrote:
Wed, 14 Aug 2019 11:31 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:

You should not be making assumptions. If you are really interested, you must be asking them what is the finding that delayed the result.
Turns out they just messed up the test. They did not agree to refund me, saying that they have already run the test. I said that's not relevant, I did not get the report in the stipulated time. That is 65 bucks down the drain. They have lost a customer. If you take my advice - avoid them.

talk007

Post by talk007 » Tue, 20 Aug 2019 5:17 pm

you are smart, OP. They just wasted your time. Forget about the money, you will get more in your CPF