Singapore Expats

Anybody want free map? geography teachers?

Discuss the various enrichment courses that interests your child. It can be tuition classes to robotics courses.
johnhulpke

Anybody want free map? geography teachers?

Post by johnhulpke » Wed, 07 Aug 2019 9:27 pm

Junior high school to uni, SOMEBODY might have fun with my 2 boxes of travel maps. I can picture a class of 8th graders tracing the recent history of Shanghai through maps picked up there over the past 3 decades. OR ANYWHERE. Europe from Spain to Finland. Asia all over. US too. Might be a 100 or so maps. Do you know a teacher, or a kid, who might enjoy playing with these two boxes? No cost, but you pick up, at Dhoby Ghaut MRT (i live nearby). It seems a shame to toss them all into the recycle bin. I do not know where to post this, have not used this web site for years. But help me spread the word, FREE MAPS! John Am I allowed to say email is good? [email protected]

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Re: Anybody want free map? geography teachers?

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 08 Aug 2019 12:46 am

I used to setup a letter program between a local Singapore elementary and one in Houston. The kids would write each other twice a year. Let me see if I can dig up a name or two that you could contact.

I think, though, that in the era of digital maps and big screen TV's paper maps as a teaching tool won't be well received. As an interesting teaching piece about how things used to be, they might be interested. I've got a whole rack full of maps and travel guides myself.