Singapore Expats

PR Renunciation and CPF Withdrawal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
whacka

PR Renunciation and CPF Withdrawal

Post by whacka » Tue, 06 Aug 2019 5:07 pm

Hi all,

I used to work in Singapore for over 7 years but have not been living in Singapore for the past 2 years.

I still have a valid reentry permit with my PR but I am thinking to renounce it soon. I am not from West Malaysia so I am thinking to also make a full CPF withdrawal after.

I have some questions as follows:
1) How long approximately would it take for my PR to be completely renounced?
2) Based on recent experience (if any), how long would it take from the withdrawal application until the actual CPF fund withdrawal?
3) Do I need to provide my past re-entry permits? the MFA website for the country I am located at (South Korea) states so but I think I can only print the latest one online.
4) As CPF interests is credited every 1 January, will there be extra accrued interest if I withdraw my CPF in the second half of the year?

Please help to shed some light on the above, many thanks. :D :D

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR Renunciation and CPF Withdrawal

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 08 Aug 2019 12:40 am

whacka wrote:
Tue, 06 Aug 2019 5:07 pm
Hi all,

I used to work in Singapore for over 7 years but have not been living in Singapore for the past 2 years.

I still have a valid reentry permit with my PR but I am thinking to renounce it soon. I am not from West Malaysia so I am thinking to also make a full CPF withdrawal after.

2) Based on recent experience (if any), how long would it take from the withdrawal application until the actual CPF fund withdrawal?
3) Do I need to provide my past re-entry permits? the MFA website for the country I am located at (South Korea) states so but I think I can only print the latest one online.
4) As CPF interests is credited every 1 January, will there be extra accrued interest if I withdraw my CPF in the second half of the year?

All these questions have been answered many times in this forum. Please search and try to find the answers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: PR Renunciation and CPF Withdrawal

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 12 Aug 2019 12:27 pm

whacka wrote:
Tue, 06 Aug 2019 5:07 pm
Hi all,

10 minutes

In person : 1 hour and 30 minutes not including taking a cab to CPF board

By post; 6 weeks after authentication procedure

Yes , please do

The interest earned will be based on the the day you withdraw

The light is at the end of the tunnel
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!