Singapore Expats

Office at Paya Lebar - where to rent?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
SangeethaUn

Office at Paya Lebar - where to rent?

Post by SangeethaUn » Mon, 05 Aug 2019 3:57 pm

Hi,

I, along with my husband and 1.5 yr old child will be relocating to Singapore this month end. My office is at Paya lebar, while husband is yet to find a job. My budget being 3500SGD a month, I would like to know recommended areas to stay. We would prefer to stay in a condo, with swimming pool (for both kids and adults), children play area. My aim is to rent at a condo where my child can make friends and have a good time. Preferred area- between paya lebar and city. I read about Sims Urban Oasis, and it sounded good. Could you recommend some condo names or location please? And, I plan to put my child in a day care/preschool as well.

Thanks,
San

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Office at Paya Lebar - where to rent?

Post by The Ref » Tue, 06 Aug 2019 8:53 am

First, I assume you mean working in Paya Lebar Square which is the start of Paya Lebar road (the road heading to Paya Lebar) and is actually Geylang/Katong area. Paya Lebar is the Airforce case and surrounds.
Simsville is good for children and you can get a 2 bed for $2600 - 2800 and is a 5 minute walk from Paya Lebar Square.
I do suggest moving a little further away though, and focusing on what child care center you will be using as anywhere on the Green or Circle lines will be easy to get to work.
Also consider if you need a place with a helper room (Simsville doesnt) plus the older condos have much bigger rooms than the new ones.