Singapore Expats

Working in Singapore but staying at Johor

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
JoyceTiew

Working in Singapore but staying at Johor

Post by JoyceTiew » Sun, 04 Aug 2019 1:26 pm

Greetings,
Hi, I just started working a few days ago and I am applying for my Employment Pass soon. I am currently staying in Johor and since my case is the first in my company, my employer and colleagues could not confirm what to put for my residential address prior to booking an appointment to issue my E-pass. Should my employer issue a letter regarding my stay in Johor, and for the address is it advisable to put Johor's or company's?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Working in Singapore but staying at Johor

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 04 Aug 2019 8:23 pm

Be careful, what you are doing is highly illegal. I'd be careful of that employer as he's hiring illegal workers (you). By law you cannot work until you have a valid work pass. There is NO grace period while waiting for an EP/S/WP.

Doesn't matter if it's EP, S or WP. IF you are on an Employment Pass are you planning to continue to work from Johor? If so, put your Johor address. After you receive your pass if you decide to stay in Singapore, just notify the MOM that your address has changed and give them that address (the employer is able to take care of that).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers