Singapore Expats

Best rate for moving household goods from India to Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
RaghavChuriwala

Best rate for moving household goods from India to Singapore

Post by RaghavChuriwala » Fri, 02 Aug 2019 3:53 pm

Hi,
I am planning to move 4-5 carton box of clothes, essentials items and books from India to Singapore. The moving company referred by my friend has given me a rate of around Rs 500/kg (SGD 10/kg) with 4-6 days transit. They mentioned much lesser rate if i want airport to airport service only, but i have to do custom clearance.
Are they providing best rate? Can i opt for airport to airport service since it appears cost effective?
Thanks

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Best rate for moving household goods from India to Singapore

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 17 Aug 2019 1:13 am

RaghavChuriwala wrote:
Fri, 02 Aug 2019 3:53 pm
Hi,
I am planning to move 4-5 carton box of clothes, essentials items and books from India to Singapore. The moving company referred by my friend has given me a rate of around Rs 500/kg (SGD 10/kg) with 4-6 days transit. They mentioned much lesser rate if i want airport to airport service only, but i have to do custom clearance.
Are they providing best rate? Can i opt for airport to airport service since it appears cost effective?
Thanks
Custom Clearance wont be easy if you do it on your own