Singapore Expats

Letter for reconsideration for rejected tourist visa

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter

Letter for reconsideration for rejected tourist visa

Post by Girl_Next_Door » Wed, 24 Jul 2019 8:26 am

Hi All,

Been a while since I post something and my first post is to seek some help. I have a Russian friend who used to live and work in Singapore, oil and gas industry. After she left Singapore, she went to further her studies in The Netherlands. She has since completed her studies and would like to come back to Singapore to seek for a role. Like most foreigners, she is trying to get a tourist visa to meet up with a few recruiters and ex colleagues. I have tried to apply for her a 5 days tourist visa and for unknown reasons, it got rejected.

As a Russian, she is able to get a tourist visa on arrival in Singapore, which she managed to get when she was transiting 2 days in Singapore, 2 months ago. However, the earlier applicable for a 5 days tourist visa was rejected, hence we are a little puzzled.

I have written to ICA to understand the reason but was told the reason cannot be revealed due to confidentiality. We were advised to resubmit a written letter to request ICA to reconsider the visa rejection and reason for reconsideration (explain how/when does local contact know applicant, applicant’s purpose of visit and intended period of stay, applicant’s travel companions (if any).

Currently, she is traveling in Bali while we are trying to figure out how to resolve this. We have drafted the letter, as advised and am wondering if anyone has encountered similar incident. Does providing information / credential of myself helps, or just providing the above information requested is sufficient?

Thanks in advance!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Letter for reconsideration for rejected tourist visa

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 24 Jul 2019 9:24 am

Unfortunately the number of Russian (and other former Soviet Satellite States) women coming in singly to work in the vice industry has really jumped in the last 10 years. I suspect that's what's catching her out.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Letter for reconsideration for rejected tourist visa

Post by Girl_Next_Door » Wed, 24 Jul 2019 10:17 am

PNGMK wrote:
Wed, 24 Jul 2019 9:24 am
Unfortunately the number of Russian (and other former Soviet Satellite States) women coming in singly to work in the vice industry has really jumped in the last 10 years. I suspect that's what's catching her out.
We suspect the same reason as well. I am happy to sponsor her and not sure how to increase the chances.