Singapore Expats

EP pass rejected and applying company not helping anymore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ZiptechInternetdose

EP pass rejected and applying company not helping anymore

Post by ZiptechInternetdose » Mon, 01 Jul 2019 6:12 pm

Hi People,
I am currently on S-pass and a software engineer by profession. So here is what the case is:
My new company applied for an EP pass which got rejected, now the company is not telling me the rejection reasons and they don't want to reapply or appeal against the rejection.
Though I know the rejection reasons if non rectifiable, no point in appealing.
I wish you all to help me:
1) Should I stop taking follow up with the new team who applied for my EP who are not interested in taking this further.
2) This is the 2nd time my EP has been rejected ( first in Oct 2018, 2nd is the latest ), does application of a new EP with a company has fair chances of getting passed or fail.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EP pass rejected and applying company not helping anymore

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 01 Jul 2019 6:45 pm

If they are not interested in appealing, then they either don't really want you or don't really need you. In either case, I'd not want to work for that company as at the first sign of a downturn, you would be out the door anyway. A new application with a new company starts from scratch. previous companies/rejection have no bearing. Your qualifications are adjudged against the position and salary being offered. If the MOM thinks it is a match it's approved. If they don't think you measure up, or the company has a bad reputation, either could result in a rejection.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

talk007

Re: EP pass rejected and applying company not helping anymore

Post by talk007 » Tue, 02 Jul 2019 8:41 am

HR in some companies aren’t really that good, despite their ‘internal clients’ asking them to process the hiring with MOM, or appeal. You may take this up with your technical manager in the new company if you have his/her contact. This is just one of the possibilities