Singapore Expats

Pre-marriage LTVP (Female SC+Nepali)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Kaylee1995

Pre-marriage LTVP (Female SC+Nepali)

Post by Kaylee1995 » Fri, 28 Jun 2019 10:00 pm

Hi,
I am a 24 yo female SC and hoping to marry a 23 yo Nepalese guy. I am currently earning a little more to 3k only (but will probably get to 3k next year). He, however, is earning less than $500, and only obtained up to diploma in Nepal.

Is there any chance that I can get bring him over and marry him in Singapore? I wish to stay in Singapore after we get married or at least if I am to move to Nepal, I want to keep my Singapore citizenship.

Not sure if this is helpful but I do have a HDB registered under my name passed down from my parents.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Pre-marriage LTVP (Female SC+Nepali)

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Jun 2019 11:32 pm

HDB means naught. Frankly, I'd not bet a wooden nickel on you getting a PLTVP. You do not earn earn enough to support a family and he has neither the academic qualifications or salary to qualify for anything except a Work Permit if he's lucky. I say, if you really love him, be prepared to immigrate to Nepal, if you want an honest opinion.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Kaylee1995

Post by Kaylee1995 » Sat, 29 Jun 2019 1:32 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 11:32 pm
HDB means naught. Frankly, I'd not bet a wooden nickel on you getting a PLTVP. You do not earn earn enough to support a family and he has neither the academic qualifications or salary to qualify for anything except a Work Permit if he's lucky. I say, if you really love him, be prepared to immigrate to Nepal, if you want an honest opinion.
I love Singapore a lot and I also don’t want to give up on my singapore citizenship. Can I go nepal but still stay as Singaporean?
There is so much things here that I am not ready to let go..

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 29 Jun 2019 1:48 pm

You would need to contact the Nepalese Embassy or the Nepalese Immigration authority to enquire on the options for something like that. I'm pretty sure there is a way, provided you could meet the qualifications required. Every country is different in that respect. It would appear that you can live there on a Marriage Visa which after the first 6 months can be renewed annually. You can start here:

http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/marriage-visa
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Kaylee1995

Post by Kaylee1995 » Sun, 30 Jun 2019 10:44 am

Sat, 29 Jun 2019 1:48 pm
You would need to contact the Nepalese Embassy or the Nepalese Immigration authority to enquire on the options for something like that. I'm pretty sure there is a way, provided you could meet the qualifications required. Every country is different in that respect. It would appear that you can live there on a Marriage Visa which after the first 6 months can be renewed annually. You can start here:

Is there anyway that I can bring him to Singapore without him being on LTVP? Or is this the only way?
I see some guys in Singapore married to Thai/Chinese girls even though their pay is low and the girls don’t work.. how does it work?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 30 Jun 2019 11:42 am

You can try. We've seen some strange things happen on here occasionally. I'm just telling you your odds are marginal. Don't forget one basic premise. Singapore is still a patriarchal society. The government, sadly, is much the same. Nobody ever said Singapore was a fair society, and I'll not be the first to say it either.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 30 Jun 2019 11:56 am

Kaylee1995 wrote:
Sun, 30 Jun 2019 10:44 am
Sat, 29 Jun 2019 1:48 pm

Is there anyway that I can bring him to Singapore without him being on LTVP? Or is this the only way?
I see some guys in Singapore married to Thai/Chinese girls even though their pay is low and the girls don’t work.. how does it work?
How about improving his qualifications? You are both very young. Think how to study and get a degree. There should be some way to do this and eventually you will both benefit from it.

Kaylee1995

Post by Kaylee1995 » Sun, 30 Jun 2019 5:03 pm

I don’t know if he can afford to take a degree. I am trying to convince him to further his studies. But he only said let’s see how it goes..

freddykeat

Post by freddykeat » Sun, 30 Jun 2019 6:19 pm

Hi OP,

First of all, I would like to emphasize your citizenship will stay with throughout your life unless you choose to renounce it. Relocation will not affect your citizenship status.

To your situation, please apply the PMLTVP assessment prior to registration of marriage to avoid any complication.
To strengthen your case, both of you should consider to further your education especially your hubby.

Good luck

Kaylee1995

Post by Kaylee1995 » Mon, 01 Jul 2019 8:36 am

freddykeat wrote:
Sun, 30 Jun 2019 6:19 pm
Hi OP,

First of all, I would like to emphasize your citizenship will stay with throughout your life unless you choose to renounce it. Relocation will not affect your citizenship status.

To your situation, please apply the PMLTVP assessment prior to registration of marriage to avoid any complication.
To strengthen your case, both of you should consider to further your education especially your hubby.

Good luck
Thank you, that’s reassuring for my citizenship. Actually I do have a private degree, just that my pay is still low. We will only get married if our PMLTVP is approved, but we are also worried that it won’t be approved, do we not get married at all?

freddykeat

Post by freddykeat » Mon, 01 Jul 2019 1:51 pm

Don't think so much, apply the PMLTVP and wait for the result. If it is failed, I believe you and your hubby will find a way to strengthen your case after one / two years and re-apply again.
I don't see any reason why the government want to forbid a citizen to get marry.

In fact you guys are still young and many room for improvement. You paycheck isn't low, you just have to work hard for your goal. :)

Cheers

Kaylee1995

Post by Kaylee1995 » Tue, 02 Jul 2019 8:07 am

freddykeat wrote:
Mon, 01 Jul 2019 1:51 pm
Don't think so much, apply the PMLTVP and wait for the result. If it is failed, I believe you and your hubby will find a way to strengthen your case after one / two years and re-apply again.
I don't see any reason why the government want to forbid a citizen to get marry.

In fact you guys are still young and many room for improvement. You paycheck isn't low, you just have to work hard for your goal. :)

Cheers
We talked about it and decided we should not try so soon, since if PMLA get approved, we should get married within a year(?). But it will still be our end goal and our main concern in this relationship