Singapore Expats

Pre Marriage assessment unsuccessful need advice!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Davi0123

Pre Marriage assessment unsuccessful need advice!

Post by Davi0123 » Thu, 27 Jun 2019 8:33 pm

Anyone here before had applied for PMLA was rejected but went on to ROM and apply for LTVP and was a success?

I just received my unsuccessful outcome regarding my PMLA. Not sure what kind of criteria they were looking at, there is no reason or anything in regards to my unsuccessful application.

I am a 26 male SC working in the civil sector with salary range $2-3k and my fiancee whom a Chinese with a master degree, currently working in the academic industry in China. We were planning to ROM this year apply for LTVP that way she will able get a job in Singapore and finally settle down together finally ending our long distance relationship. ( Provided everything went smoothly.)

But now with the unsuccessful outcome of PMLA, everything we planned doesn't seem to be going well.
Is it possible to write an appeal letter to ICA regarding this outcome?? Need advice!!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Pre Marriage assessment unsuccessful need advice!

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Jun 2019 12:03 pm

You salary base is too low. ICA will be concerned that you will not be able to support a wife/family on your salary without help from somewhere else. As to your wife's credentials/academics, these are irrelevant. It is based on whether YOU can support her, not "if we get married and IF she can find a job and IF she will earn more money". After all, Assuming they approve it and you get her pregnant before she finds a job. 2K/mo not going to go very far and nobody will give her a job if she is pregnant.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Emahnic

Post by Emahnic » Sun, 21 Jul 2019 12:48 am

My PMLA was unsuccessful too.

My intended spouse was a WP from Vietnam previously but MOM has approved our marriage within 2 weeks from application.

My income level is above $10k so should not be an issue. My intended spouse also has no immigration offence and can travel to Singapore.

Any advise?? Headache.

NIMROD1

Post by NIMROD1 » Fri, 26 Jul 2019 3:24 pm

hi,

my pmla was rejected also. pmla applied last aug2018. rom nov2018 (after 1 day of our wedding day we apply ltvp) ltvp approved dec2018.

im from phils and my spouse is sc earning 3-3.5k (first job not even 1year).
my age is 30 (female) and spouse is 25. i was holding spass and working for 6years.