Singapore Expats

New to Singapore and need suggestion / help about Short term pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Peerada

New to Singapore and need suggestion / help about Short term pass

Post by Peerada » Fri, 21 Jun 2019 5:45 pm

Hi everyone,

I am originated from Laos and will enter to visit my significant other in Singapore. I understand visa is not required since Laos is one of Asean countries so i have the right to stay up to 30 days upon my arrival.

My intention is to stay a bit longer which meet short term visa pass criteria (upto 89 days), however i don't know any permanent resident or SG citizen.

Will any agency can proceed it for me? Or any suggestion on what to do in case i cannot find any PR or SC to apply it for me.

If such case, would you help estimate the fee/cost of apply STVP for me?

Peerada

Re: New to Singapore and need suggestion / help about Short term pass

Post by Peerada » Fri, 21 Jun 2019 5:51 pm

To give more details on Significant other, he is not Singaporean and did not hold SG citizenship or a permanent resident. However, he holds employment pass issued by his company for 12-month assignment.

Furthermore, he cannot find any PR or SC to apply STVP for me either.

pgpnus

Re: New to Singapore and need suggestion / help about Short term pass

Post by pgpnus » Tue, 25 Jun 2019 1:34 pm

To qualify for short term visit pass (SVP) extension up to 89 days, you must be an immediate family member of a Singapore citizen or Permanent Residence. If this is your first time visiting Singapore, you can try to extend your SVP online for another 30 days (subject to ICA approval) and no local sponsor is required for this. Hope this helps.