Singapore Expats Forum

MBA job in singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

AJAY

MBA job in singapore

Postby AJAY » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 3:30 pm

Hi All,

I am an MBA graduate and an Indian nationality. At the moment I am working in Vietnam in an IT MNC as sales and marketing executive and I wish to work in Singapore. I tired to apply through the head hunter and all are asking if I have a PR or a Singaporean. So can any one of your help me in this. Appreciate your kind action in this matter.

AJAY

Bryann

Postby Bryann » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 4:38 pm

Palamon

Join the Club

Postby Palamon » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 5:07 pm

Hi,
Join the club. How abt we share info on this ? PM me if u wanna.

Regds,

Pal.

AJAY

Postby AJAY » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 7:48 pm

Thanks Bryann and hope to hear from you soon in this matter. I appreciated all the people who have viewed my message.

bryann

Postby bryann » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:58 pm

hi ajay

r u located in singapore?

Dime a dozen

Postby Dime a dozen » Thu, 10 Mar 2005 6:41 am

If you go to Shenton Way or Raffles Place during lunch time and throw a stone, chances are it's gonna hit someone with an MBA. And this is not taking into consideration the MBA holders who are now reduced to driving cabs. Unless you've got one from an Ivy League, I'd say you're better off staying in Vietnam.

Postby Guest » Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:27 am

hi bryann,

No at the moment i am working in Vietnam and i wish to work in Singapore,which is a develped country with innovative leaders and people.

And

Thanks "Dime a dozen" for the piece of advice you have given me but why don’t we think positively than negatively. Every thing is possible in this world if we keep a positive attitude and positive mind set, so that we can maintain a win-win situation.

Dime a dozen

Postby Dime a dozen » Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:30 pm

Suit yourself, mate. If you think you have a better idea of the situation from Vietnam, then by all means get on a plane, come here and see if i'm bullshitting you. They say the truth hurts. BTW, your MBA wouldn't be from a Vietnamese university now would it ? ;)
Anonymous wrote:hi bryann,

No at the moment i am working in Vietnam and i wish to work in Singapore,which is a develped country with innovative leaders and people.

And

Thanks "Dime a dozen" for the piece of advice you have given me but why dont we think positively than negatively. Every thing is possible in this world if we keep a positive attitude and positive mind set, so that we can maintain a win-win situation.

Postby Guest » Thu, 10 Mar 2005 3:31 pm

Hey "Dime a dozen" you talk too much if you can’t help them please keep quite, why you want to waste your energy and time on it. And for your information my MBA is from UK (University of Wales). So if you can give me some help then do it other wise forget it bro!! :)

Palamon

People, they're everywhere

Postby Palamon » Thu, 10 Mar 2005 4:27 pm

There are 4 kinds of people in this world:

1) People who don't know that they don't know

2) People who know that they don't know

3) People who don't know that they know

4) People who know that they know

Shine on.

Dime a dozen

Postby Dime a dozen » Thu, 10 Mar 2005 8:01 pm

Geez, that's the thanks I get, not that I was expecting any. I think you just have a problem accepting reality. I'm telling you the prevailing conditions in Singapore because I am here in Singapore while you're not. Of course, if from your vantage point in some Vietnamese jungle, you see otherwise, then do come here and try your luck. Self-denial and delusion gets you nowhere. Cheers, mate.

Anonymous wrote:Hey "Dime a dozen" you talk too much if you can’t help them please keep quite, why you want to waste your energy and time on it. And for your information my MBA is from UK (University of Wales). So if you can give me some help then do it other wise forget it bro!! :)

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:50 pm

Anonymous wrote:No at the moment i am working in Vietnam and i wish to work in Singapore,which is a develped country with innovative leaders and people.

Innovative leaders and people? Now that was funny. 8)

Slightly more seriously, you're not going to find a job by posting anonymous whines to a bulletin board, especially if all you can tell around yourself is that you're an MBA -- as the Rt Hon Dime a Dozen says, there's a lotta MBAs around. And if your headhunters aren't finding you anything, then it sounds like your particular skillset isn't in demand either...

Instead, do you know anybody in Singapore? Does your company have dealings with Singapore? Find your jobs through people you know, that's by far the best way of doing it...

Dime a dozen

Postby Dime a dozen » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 6:39 am

Hahaha, I was wondering when someone would pick up on the "innovative" bit. Looks like I didn't have to wait for long :) It appears to me, the OP has neevr been in Singapore. To OP: Innovative isn't something we expats typically attribute to Singapore and Singaporeans. The right adjective to use would be kiasu :)
jpatokal wrote:
Innovative leaders and people? Now that was funny. 8)

Slightly more seriously, you're not going to find a job by posting anonymous whines to a bulletin board, especially if all you can tell around yourself is that you're an MBA -- as the Rt Hon Dime a Dozen says, there's a lotta MBAs around. And if your headhunters aren't finding you anything, then it sounds like your particular skillset isn't in demand either...

Instead, do you know anybody in Singapore? Does your company have dealings with Singapore? Find your jobs through people you know, that's by far the best way of doing it...

tsk tsk

Re: People, they're everywhere

Postby tsk tsk » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 9:03 am

And I don't need three guesses to figure out which category the OP goes under :D
Palamon wrote:There are 4 kinds of people in this world:

1) People who don't know that they don't know

2) People who know that they don't know

3) People who don't know that they know

4) People who know that they know

Shine on.

et tu

Postby et tu » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:27 am

Are you sure you didn't just buy it off some website or got it from a Vietnamese market. The way you write doesn't really impress upon a casual observer that you had actually gone through a British post-graduate course. :)
Anonymous wrote:Hey "Dime a dozen" you talk too much if you cant help them please keep quite, why you want to waste your energy and time on it. And for your information my MBA is from UK (University of Wales). So if you can give me some help then do it other wise forget it bro!! :)