Singapore Expats Forum

PR approval in 2019

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
mehedi.sumon
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 9:12 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by mehedi.sumon » Fri, 27 Mar 2020 9:19 pm

Hi
Just want to check, What is the possibility of getting PR

Nationality: Malaysian
Age : 31
Race : Chinese
Religion : Muslim
Education : Degree
Salary : 8.5K a month

Spouse:
Nationality: Bangladeshi
Age : 36
Religion : Muslim
Education : Degree
Salary : 8K a month

with 2 Boys (4 years + 2 years)

both on EP less than 1 Year now.

should we apply now or later? Please advise.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 27 Mar 2020 9:31 pm

mehedi.sumon wrote:
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 9:19 pm
Hi
Just want to check, What is the possibility of getting PR

Nationality: Malaysian
Age : 31
Race : Chinese
Religion : Muslim
Education : Degree
Salary : 8.5K a month

Spouse:
Nationality: Bangladeshi
Age : 36
Religion : Muslim
Education : Degree
Salary : 8K a month

with 2 Boys (4 years + 2 years)

both on EP less than 1 Year now.

should we apply now or later? Please advise.
Assuming you are just 1 year in SG, wait for another 1 or 2 years and then apply.

MrCupido
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed, 01 Jan 2020 6:24 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by MrCupido » Sun, 29 Mar 2020 7:59 pm

Hi guys, due to the COVID-19 it may not advisable to visit the ICA to update the passport details for SPR application. I tried to call the ICA however, they don't pickup the call. Anyone tried to submit those online or through email? Can you share the ICA email particularly for the passport update. Thanks a lot.
singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 14 Mar 2020 11:41 pm
MrCupido wrote:
Sat, 14 Mar 2020 6:07 pm
Hi guys,
How to update passport details while the PR application already submitted and ongoing? It was few months we have submitted the application, now my spouse and child passport just renew. My spouse already changed his passport details with MOM and my son passport with ICA (since he is under dependent pass).

Can't find any link with ICA site how to do that. Any hint is appreciated.
Stay safe everyone!
Even though ICA will have the details from MOM, it is better to update them with the new passport details. You may call their call center and ask them on how you can submit these updated documents? Else you may walkin to ICA with the application reference number and submit this as additional documents in the front desk.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 29 Mar 2020 8:10 pm

MrCupido wrote:
Sun, 29 Mar 2020 7:59 pm
Hi guys, due to the COVID-19 it may not advisable to visit the ICA to update the passport details for SPR application. I tried to call the ICA however, they don't pickup the call. Anyone tried to submit those online or through email? Can you share the ICA email particularly for the passport update. Thanks a lot.
singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 14 Mar 2020 11:41 pm
MrCupido wrote:
Sat, 14 Mar 2020 6:07 pm
Hi guys,
How to update passport details while the PR application already submitted and ongoing? It was few months we have submitted the application, now my spouse and child passport just renew. My spouse already changed his passport details with MOM and my son passport with ICA (since he is under dependent pass).

Can't find any link with ICA site how to do that. Any hint is appreciated.
Stay safe everyone!
Even though ICA will have the details from MOM, it is better to update them with the new passport details. You may call their call center and ask them on how you can submit these updated documents? Else you may walkin to ICA with the application reference number and submit this as additional documents in the front desk.
When did you call them? Call the support helpline on a weekday ?

User avatar
MeoTest
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 4:00 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by MeoTest » Fri, 10 Apr 2020 1:10 pm

MeoTest wrote:
Fri, 31 Jan 2020 4:13 pm
Hi all,
Pls give advise on my chance of approval. I applied PR on October 2019

I'm Vietnamese male 32 year old (obviously I'm classified as "Others" race)
Education: Diploma in IT
Working in Singapore as a Senior Software Engineer since 11/2016 on Employment Pass until now.
Salary 94k annum.

I have applied PR with my family: wife and my 4 year old daughter. All are DPs and in SG since 10/2017
My wife has associate degree on IT as well, but now she's housewife the whole time in SG until now.
Daughter is going to local preschool now.

I applied the 1st time (with whole family) on 4/2018 and got rejected on 10/2018 (6 months sharp). Changed job on 2/2019 (salary increases 20%) and applied again on 10/2019
I got mail from ICA exactly after 6 months. Got rejected, no reason as usual, just welcome to continue staying in Singapore with work pass. Good luck the rest :D

User avatar
TobiasSinamo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 6:08 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by TobiasSinamo » Sat, 11 Apr 2020 6:12 pm

Hi All, just found this thread from Google and wanna check my chance for PR.

Here is my card:
- 37 yo Indonesian Malay, working as SW Engineer for MNC, salary around 130k-140k/year
- 35 yo Wife also Malay, on DP and not working
- 2 kids
- 15 Months in SG

Plan to apply next year

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2446
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 11 Apr 2020 6:54 pm

TobiasSinamo wrote:
Sat, 11 Apr 2020 6:12 pm
Hi All, just found this thread from Google and wanna check my chance for PR.

Here is my card:
- 37 yo Indonesian Malay, working as SW Engineer for MNC, salary around 130k-140k/year
- 35 yo Wife also Malay, on DP and not working
- 2 kids
- 15 Months in SG

Plan to apply next year
Not going to be easy unless you have 3 cycles of tax returns in Singapore

User avatar
TobiasSinamo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 6:08 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by TobiasSinamo » Sun, 12 Apr 2020 12:54 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 11 Apr 2020 6:54 pm
TobiasSinamo wrote:
Sat, 11 Apr 2020 6:12 pm
Hi All, just found this thread from Google and wanna check my chance for PR.

Here is my card:
- 37 yo Indonesian Malay, working as SW Engineer for MNC, salary around 130k-140k/year
- 35 yo Wife also Malay, on DP and not working
- 2 kids
- 15 Months in SG

Plan to apply next year
Not going to be easy unless you have 3 cycles of tax returns in Singapore
Thanks, I'll wait 'til next year tax returns at least then

musica07
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 15 May 2014 9:15 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by musica07 » Fri, 01 May 2020 4:53 am

MrCupido wrote:
Sun, 29 Mar 2020 7:59 pm
Hi guys, due to the COVID-19 it may not advisable to visit the ICA to update the passport details for SPR application. I tried to call the ICA however, they don't pickup the call. Anyone tried to submit those online or through email? Can you share the ICA email particularly for the passport update. Thanks a lot.
singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 14 Mar 2020 11:41 pm
MrCupido wrote:
Sat, 14 Mar 2020 6:07 pm
Hi guys,
How to update passport details while the PR application already submitted and ongoing? It was few months we have submitted the application, now my spouse and child passport just renew. My spouse already changed his passport details with MOM and my son passport with ICA (since he is under dependent pass).

Can't find any link with ICA site how to do that. Any hint is appreciated.
Stay safe everyone!
Even though ICA will have the details from MOM, it is better to update them with the new passport details. You may call their call center and ask them on how you can submit these updated documents? Else you may walkin to ICA with the application reference number and submit this as additional documents in the front desk.
Email is best. I emailed an update for my details in Feb, they replied with acknowledgement of receipt.

My application will be having its 18 month anniversary this week :-"

Kiddeee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 7:33 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by Kiddeee » Mon, 04 May 2020 5:19 pm

.

Post Reply


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests