Singapore Expats

PR approval in 2019

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
KVNAY

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by KVNAY » Tue, 10 Mar 2020 2:30 pm

Hi Bro & Sis!

My Son & Me applied SPR in April 2019 and still pending so far. Both of us application had been rejected once in 2016. Our profile are as follow:

Me:
Race: Myanmar
Religion: Buddhist
Education: Bachelor Degree from Myanmar Local University
Occupation: Regional Business Development Manager (FMCG & Furniture)
Years in Current Work: 12 Year (2008 - At Present)
Salary: 133+KPA (2018) / 167+KPA (2019)
Pass: EP
IRAS NOA Paid: 11 Year (Since 2009)

My Son:
Education: Primary 3 (SG Government Primary School)
Pass: Student Visa

My Wife:
Pass: Singapore PR (Since 2010)
Education: Master of Science from NTU 2009

What are our chances of our approval this time? Anxiously Waiting!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 10 Mar 2020 5:04 pm

KVNAY wrote:
Tue, 10 Mar 2020 2:30 pm
Hi Bro & Sis!

My Son & Me applied SPR in April 2019 and still pending so far. Both of us application had been rejected once in 2016. Our profile are as follow:

Me:
Religion: Buddhist
Education: Bachelor Degree from Myanmar Local University
Occupation: Regional Business Development Manager (FMCG & Furniture)
Years in Current Work: 12 Year (2008 - At Present)
Salary: 133+KPA (2018) / 167+KPA (2019)
Pass: EP
IRAS NOA Paid: 11 Year (Since 2009)

My Son:
Education: Primary 3 (SG Government Primary School)
Pass: Student Visa

My Wife:
Pass: Singapore PR (Since 2010)
Education: Master of Science from NTU 2009

What are our chances of our approval this time? Anxiously Waiting!
Is your wife sponsoring your PR?

KVNAY

Post by KVNAY » Wed, 11 Mar 2020 12:24 am

No, we did apply ourselves.

Tuttifruittie

Post by Tuttifruittie » Wed, 11 Mar 2020 12:31 am

Hi everyone, been following this thread for a while and thought I should share my profile

Applied for PR back in Nov 19, IPA by March 20

Profile as such
25f
Malaysian chinese
Private healthcare
Graduated in UK
Applied when I got my 7th month payslip
Salary varies as I’m self employed but average out around $8k per month
1st application
Been in sg for only 7 months
Previously on EP
Got an uncle who is SPR

Yes, I’m aware that being a Malaysian Chinese certainly help in my application

Good luck to the others!
Last edited by Tuttifruittie on Wed, 11 Mar 2020 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Siv
Regular
Regular

Post by Siv » Wed, 11 Mar 2020 6:28 am

Thought I'd share this in here, FWIW.

Friend of mine just got his PR a week ago. He applied 6 months ago, 2 years after joining one of those hard disk makers on an S-Pass.

He's single, Malaysian Indian, early 30s. He can't possibly be making any more than 40K annually, excluding overtime.

So....doesn't really tick all the standard boxes other than being Malaysian. I mean, not enough tax returns, not really making big bucks, and 6 months waiting time.....yet, he is now one happy camper. Guessing he will be ready to start job hopping soon....haha.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 Mar 2020 11:53 am

If he applied 2 years after joining a company here, unless he joined that company on 1 January, he would have had 3 tax assessments, add the fact that he is a Malaysian Indian, not a one from the motherland, means he also is easily assimilated into Singapore culture as well and he would naturally tend to immerse himself in with the local population, unlike the majority of Indian Nationals who tend to shun the local Indian population. Guess the haha is on you?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Siv
Regular
Regular

Post by Siv » Wed, 11 Mar 2020 1:27 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 11:53 am
If he applied 2 years after joining a company here, unless he joined that company on 1 January, he would have had 3 tax assessments, add the fact that he is a Malaysian Indian, not a one from the motherland, means he also is easily assimilated into Singapore culture as well and he would naturally tend to immerse himself in with the local population, unlike the majority of Indian Nationals who tend to shun the local Indian population. Guess the haha is on you?
Possibly....he just said 2 years so not sure exactly when. I didn't ask, don't really care actually. Just thought I'd share that in here, seeing how quick he got approved and working just 2 years, that too in a blue collar job. When I asked him what exactly made him apply PR he said.....easy to look for job after this, bro ! Typical with many of my countrymen who live in JB and apply for PR in SG...

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 Mar 2020 3:06 pm

Had to laugh, That is what probably 70% of those who take up PR say (after getting the PR). Not from just Malaysia, but everywhere. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Wed, 11 Mar 2020 4:27 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 11:53 am
To be more precise, the majority of Indian nationals tend to shun the local population and culture in general, they don't just shun the local Indians. All the more reason why we find it harder to be approved for PR or SC.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 Mar 2020 6:46 pm

Valid point, smoulder. But you can get away with that, I can't! Only my wife is Indian, I'm not! ;-)

Wanabe
Regular
Regular

Post by Wanabe » Wed, 11 Mar 2020 8:11 pm

Very lucky..but i would say it does not apply to all Malaysian.some malaysian waited for more than a year but still pending..not sure wats the main criteria

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 11 Mar 2020 8:28 pm

Wanabe wrote:
Wed, 11 Mar 2020 8:11 pm
Very lucky..but i would say it does not apply to all Malaysian.some malaysian waited for more than a year but still pending..not sure wats the main criteria
Malaysian is generic and represents nationality. If you see what SMS and others are saying it will refer to Nationality + Ethinicity and not just nationality alone.

Wanabe
Regular
Regular

Post by Wanabe » Thu, 12 Mar 2020 4:09 pm

Yes I am referring to malaysian chinese:)

MrCupido

Post by MrCupido » Sat, 14 Mar 2020 6:07 pm

Hi guys,
How to update passport details while the PR application already submitted and ongoing? It was few months we have submitted the application, now my spouse and child passport just renew. My spouse already changed his passport details with MOM and my son passport with ICA (since he is under dependent pass).

Can't find any link with ICA site how to do that. Any hint is appreciated.
Stay safe everyone!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 14 Mar 2020 11:41 pm

MrCupido wrote:
Sat, 14 Mar 2020 6:07 pm
Hi guys,
How to update passport details while the PR application already submitted and ongoing? It was few months we have submitted the application, now my spouse and child passport just renew. My spouse already changed his passport details with MOM and my son passport with ICA (since he is under dependent pass).

Can't find any link with ICA site how to do that. Any hint is appreciated.
Stay safe everyone!
Even though ICA will have the details from MOM, it is better to update them with the new passport details. You may call their call center and ask them on how you can submit these updated documents? Else you may walkin to ICA with the application reference number and submit this as additional documents in the front desk.