Singapore Expats

PR approval in 2019

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Butternut

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by Butternut » Fri, 20 Mar 2020 3:32 pm

Our application is Pending for close to 14 months. Will covid-19 impact the processing time or outcome of the application? Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Wanabe
Regular
Regular

Post by Wanabe » Fri, 20 Mar 2020 4:12 pm

Mine is 13 months :)

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 20 Mar 2020 5:02 pm

Butternut wrote:
Fri, 20 Mar 2020 3:32 pm
Our application is Pending for close to 14 months. Will covid-19 impact the processing time or outcome of the application? Fingers crossed.

Processing time may be

abc48

Post by abc48 » Fri, 20 Mar 2020 7:34 pm

I applied in late Jan 2019, so just under 14 months ago. Much to my surprise, this afternoon I checked my online status and my application has been approved. Now I have to wait for the paperwork to arrive and then complete the process.

Here's my profile:

Ethnicity: Chinese
Nationality: United States
Marital Status: Married Mar 2020, wife is a PR but when I applied I was single (and I haven't updated ICA since I just got married)
Education: Bachelors Degree
Years in Current Job: 2 Years
Annual Salary: above average (rather not say)
Pass: EP
Taxes Paid: 4 Years (2015-16, 2018-2019)

Sbk
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Post by Sbk » Sat, 21 Mar 2020 11:39 am

@abc48, Best to update ICA about your marriage asap even tho you have been approved, you don't want it to affect your future applications or renewals in the future. Since you just got married this march, you can update at your own sweet time within a month, or when you go to complete the formalities.
Congrats.

abc48

Post by abc48 » Sun, 22 Mar 2020 12:34 pm

@Sbk - yes, thanks. I just filled out an online form asking about how to best update them with my marital details.

ArK05

Post by ArK05 » Wed, 25 Mar 2020 3:20 pm

Butternut wrote:
Fri, 20 Mar 2020 3:32 pm

My daughter's PR got approved after 22 months (had applied in Apr 2018) and got approval in Feb 2020. I was sponsor for her (as I got my PR almost 10 years ago, Indian Working in Construction industry)
So hang in there, it does take a long time... processing time maybe! All the best.

junjun16

Post by junjun16 » Wed, 25 Mar 2020 9:35 pm

My husband and I applied for PR for the third time early this year. Can you help advise on our chances?

Husband (Main applicant)
Nationality/Race: Filipino (Others)
Education: MBA, Bachelors in Engineering (both not obtained from SG)
Job: Manager at MNC
Years in SG: 6 years NOA, changed job once, in current job for 9 months

Wife
Nationality/Race: American (Chinese)
Education: MBA, Bachelor in Econ (both not obtained from SG)
Years in SG: 6 years NOA, changed job once, in current job for 5 years with promotion/salary increase

Son
Nationality/Race: Filipino (Chinese)

We are both 37 yrs old, married for 5 years, each with EP and each with salary of $200K+. We applied twice before and got rejected - 1st time after 2 years of marriage (Wife as main applicant) and 2nd time after 3 years of marriage (Husband as main applicant). Since then, we had a baby and bought a private property in SG. We also showed that we didn't leave Singapore as we'd rather stay in current job or switch company instead of chasing for "better opportunities" outside of SG.

Thanks for your help in assessing our chances and point out any potential problems in our profile. Since both my son and I are of Chinese ethnicity, could that help to compensate the unfavourable race of my husband?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 25 Mar 2020 9:57 pm

junjun16 wrote:
Wed, 25 Mar 2020 9:35 pm
My husband and I applied for PR for the third time early this year. Can you help advise on our chances?

Husband (Main applicant)

Wife
Years in SG: 6 years NOA, changed job once, in current job for 5 years with promotion/salary increase

Son

We are both 37 yrs old, married for 5 years, each with EP and each with salary of $200K+. We applied twice before and got rejected - 1st time after 2 years of marriage (Wife as main applicant) and 2nd time after 3 years of marriage (Husband as main applicant). Since then, we had a baby and bought a private property in SG. We also showed that we didn't leave Singapore as we'd rather stay in current job or switch company instead of chasing for "better opportunities" outside of SG.

Thanks for your help in assessing our chances and point out any potential problems in our profile. Since both my son and I are of Chinese ethnicity, could that help to compensate the unfavourable race of my husband?
40-50% chance.

junjun16

Post by junjun16 » Wed, 25 Mar 2020 10:02 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 25 Mar 2020 9:57 pm
junjun16 wrote:

Husband (Main applicant)

Wife

Son

40-50% chance.
May I ask what are the unfavourable factors besides husband's race?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:01 pm

junjun16 wrote:
Wed, 25 Mar 2020 10:02 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 25 Mar 2020 9:57 pm
junjun16 wrote:

Husband (Main applicant)

Wife

Son

40-50% chance.
May I ask what are the unfavourable factors besides husband's race?
- Mainly your application may fall in the OTHERS category
- Salary on the higher side and there is every chance that you may not stay long in Singapore. Buying a condo is not seen as a commitment to stay here for long.
- PR is considered as a stepping stone for SC in future. Will you be willing to give up your current Citizenship for SC in future?
Last edited by singaporeflyer on Thu, 26 Mar 2020 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aj0727

Post by Aj0727 » Thu, 26 Mar 2020 12:11 am

Hi, you may try to be the main applicant instead of your husband. My colleague did the exact same thing and got the PR approved. Her first application got rejected when the husband was the main applicant then they swapped for the second time and got it approved.

I got my PR approved in 5 months. Both of my wife and I are of chinese ethnicity.

Good luck!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 26 Mar 2020 12:22 am

Aj0727 wrote:
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 12:11 am
Hi, you may try to be the main applicant instead of your husband. My colleague did the exact same thing and got the PR approved. Her first application got rejected when the husband was the main applicant then they swapped for the second time and got it approved.

I got my PR approved in 5 months. Both of my wife and I are of chinese ethnicity.

Good luck!
What is the logic behind changing the main applicant. If you see the previous poster's briefing, she has mentioned that once she was the main applicant too.

Also where are you from?

potatocurry

Post by potatocurry » Thu, 26 Mar 2020 8:20 am

hi, just found out about this forum and im so thankful to see everyone is so active and helping each other.
wondering if anyone can help me estimate my possibility too.

applied for PR in dec 2019, now still pending.
residency: in sg since 2013, joined secondary 3 in local govt sec sch through scholar route. graduated with local o levels, went to singapore poly for 3 years. just graduated with local sp diploma. currently looking for job
diploma industry: 3d animation film industry
pass: student pass
race: chinese
nationality: indonesian

been impatient & anxious about the result bc im stuck between waiting for my PR result before applying for job, or start applying for jobs now to go under S Pass.
thank u in advance!

potatocurry

Post by potatocurry » Thu, 26 Mar 2020 10:14 am

ah im so sorry! im new to forums, not really sure how it works as i thought only one thread on the same topic would get attention :) (also not sure how to do the quoting thing to reply)