Singapore Expats Forum

PR approval in 2019

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
ShekLaeCheung
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 1:43 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by ShekLaeCheung » Tue, 25 Feb 2020 3:58 pm

I see, I was a supply chain project lead for a FMCG MNC for network design, System integration and improvement from 2014 till 2019 and this business development role is my current assignment right after the project completed.

and i have a supply chain professional with total 10 years of experience in the industry.

i am not sure if this is help if i move back to Supply Chain Role?





singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 25 Feb 2020 2:56 pm
ShekLaeCheung wrote:
Tue, 25 Feb 2020 2:14 pm
Thanks for the reply.

may i ask how much i have to earn per month or annual would be consider as average or above average in ICA point of view:)


singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 25 Feb 2020 2:03 pm


Chance will be low based on what you have said. Salary on the lower side and job role is not something that is in great demand at the moment. Anyway, wait and see.
It is not salary alone. Job role also. Will you be able to change that?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2317
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 25 Feb 2020 5:50 pm

ShekLaeCheung wrote:
Tue, 25 Feb 2020 3:58 pm
I see, I was a supply chain project lead for a FMCG MNC for network design, System integration and improvement from 2014 till 2019 and this business development role is my current assignment right after the project completed.

and i have a supply chain professional with total 10 years of experience in the industry.

i am not sure if this is help if i move back to Supply Chain Role?





singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 25 Feb 2020 2:56 pm
ShekLaeCheung wrote:
Tue, 25 Feb 2020 2:14 pm
Thanks for the reply.

may i ask how much i have to earn per month or annual would be consider as average or above average in ICA point of view:)



It is not salary alone. Job role also. Will you be able to change that?
Better not to do things which will affect your career, just for getting PR.

leanh1991
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 6:52 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by leanh1991 » Wed, 26 Feb 2020 9:37 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 24 Feb 2020 10:46 pm
Chance is very low. Salary may be on the lower side too.
Thanks for the reply. As 3 years+ have passed and i have made certain improvements to my profile (increased salary by more than 30% compared to 2016, trained up myself to be a Chartered Accountant and had a few educational achievements), does it improve my chance?

Secondly, should I apply myself first or I can include my wife in the application too? (under PTS scheme). Hope I can get some information that is objective and informative. Thanks very much!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2317
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 26 Feb 2020 9:50 am

leanh1991 wrote:
Wed, 26 Feb 2020 9:37 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 24 Feb 2020 10:46 pm
Chance is very low. Salary may be on the lower side too.
Thanks for the reply. As 3 years+ have passed and i have made certain improvements to my profile (increased salary by more than 30% compared to 2016, trained up myself to be a Chartered Accountant and had a few educational achievements), does it improve my chance?

Secondly, should I apply myself first or I can include my wife in the application too? (under PTS scheme). Hope I can get some information that is objective and informative. Thanks very much!
Applying as a family has better chances compared to applying alone.

They dont just go based on the % of salary increase. Salary is one of the factor, but not the only factor. The salary amount matters too and not just the % of salary increase

thesingboyboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 1:25 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by thesingboyboy » Wed, 26 Feb 2020 10:27 am

thesingboyboy wrote:
Thu, 06 Feb 2020 6:22 pm
1. Hi, if I have a sister working in Singapore who is a work permit holder, does that count as a "family tie"? Will that affect the outcome of my future pr application?

2. A) Also, asking for my sister. My brother in law is an S pass holder whereas my sister is a work permit holder. Should my brother in law go ahead and apply for PR as a standalone application with or without my sister's name? Which one would have the better outcome?

B) Can my brother in law even include my sister in his application since my sister is a Work Permit holder?

P:S They were married in Malaysia and that was 4 years ago.
Hi, asked this in my own thread but didn't get any responses so I thought I should ask here.

Brother in law's profile:
Age:31
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Job: Chef
Pass: S-Pass
Salary: 35k-40k per annum

Sister's profile
Age:30
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Job: Sales Retail
Pass: Work Permit
Salary: 30k per annum

1) Does my brother in law have to include (not apply) my sister in his application since they are married?
2) Should my brother in law apply alone or apply together with my sister in ONE application since my sister is a work permit holder?
3) What are the chances of getting approved for my brother in law for a SINGLE application or WITH my sister in one application?

Question for myself:
1. If I have a sister working in Singapore who is a work permit holder, does that count as a "family tie"? Will that affect the outcome of my future pr application?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2317
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 26 Feb 2020 10:36 am

thesingboyboy wrote:
Wed, 26 Feb 2020 10:27 am
thesingboyboy wrote:
Thu, 06 Feb 2020 6:22 pm
1. Hi, if I have a sister working in Singapore who is a work permit holder, does that count as a "family tie"? Will that affect the outcome of my future pr application?

2. A) Also, asking for my sister. My brother in law is an S pass holder whereas my sister is a work permit holder. Should my brother in law go ahead and apply for PR as a standalone application with or without my sister's name? Which one would have the better outcome?

B) Can my brother in law even include my sister in his application since my sister is a Work Permit holder?

P:S They were married in Malaysia and that was 4 years ago.
Hi, asked this in my own thread but didn't get any responses so I thought I should ask here.

Brother in law's profile:
Age:31
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Job: Chef
Pass: S-Pass
Salary: 35k-40k per annum

Sister's profile
Age:30
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Job: Sales Retail
Pass: Work Permit
Salary: 30k per annum

1) Does my brother in law have to include (not apply) my sister in his application since they are married?
2) Should my brother in law apply alone or apply together with my sister in ONE application since my sister is a work permit holder?
3) What are the chances of getting approved for my brother in law for a SINGLE application or WITH my sister in one application?

Question for myself:
1. If I have a sister working in Singapore who is a work permit holder, does that count as a "family tie"? Will that affect the outcome of my future pr application?
1. First ask your brother in law to apply alone for PR as if I am not wrong workpermit holders cannot apply for PR. Once he gets approved let your sister convert into LTVP, then after a few years to PR
2. Family ties matter most only if the relation is a SC, SPR or LTVP. It does not matter if the relative is an employment/work pass holder

Zhypher
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 5:09 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by Zhypher » Wed, 26 Feb 2020 5:36 pm

Hi,

Just want to know the chances in case i decide to apply for PR 5 years from now.
Age:34
Race: "Others"
Nationality: Filipino/Philippines
Job: Workforce Management Manager/Call Center background
Pass: S-Pass
Salary: 54k base per annum

1. Started working in SG last January 2019
2. Hoping to stay in SG for as long as the country allows me
3. I will "not apply" now but planning if in case on my 5th year or 6th year
4. I am married with 2 kids. Wife and kids are in the Philippines

In case my profile improves in the next 5 to 6 years. What will be the chances? Thank you. :-k :-k :-k

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2317
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 26 Feb 2020 6:00 pm

Zhypher wrote:
Wed, 26 Feb 2020 5:36 pm
Hi,

Just want to know the chances in case i decide to apply for PR 5 years from now.
Age:34
Race: "Others"
Nationality: Filipino/Philippines
Job: Workforce Management Manager/Call Center background
Pass: S-Pass
Salary: 54k base per annum

1. Started working in SG last January 2019
2. Hoping to stay in SG for as long as the country allows me
3. I will "not apply" now but planning if in case on my 5th year or 6th year
4. I am married with 2 kids. Wife and kids are in the Philippines

In case my profile improves in the next 5 to 6 years. What will be the chances? Thank you. :-k :-k :-k
As long as you are in S Pass, your chances for PR is going to be very low

Zhypher
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 5:09 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by Zhypher » Thu, 27 Feb 2020 9:25 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 26 Feb 2020 6:00 pm
Zhypher wrote:
Wed, 26 Feb 2020 5:36 pm
Hi,

Just want to know the chances in case i decide to apply for PR 5 years from now.
Age:34
Race: "Others"
Nationality: Filipino/Philippines
Job: Workforce Management Manager/Call Center background
Pass: S-Pass
Salary: 54k base per annum

1. Started working in SG last January 2019
2. Hoping to stay in SG for as long as the country allows me
3. I will "not apply" now but planning if in case on my 5th year or 6th year
4. I am married with 2 kids. Wife and kids are in the Philippines

In case my profile improves in the next 5 to 6 years. What will be the chances? Thank you. :-k :-k :-k
As long as you are in S Pass, your chances for PR is going to be very low
Thanks SF, I was hoping you or SMS will respond to me but even if i get an Epass, Personally i think the chances are still low, considering that i am from The Philippines. As far as probability is concerned, say i get an Epass and got a promotion. How much improvement will it make? Say from 0.01% to 0.10%? :-" :-" :-"

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2317
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Feb 2020 10:11 am

Zhypher wrote:
Thu, 27 Feb 2020 9:25 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 26 Feb 2020 6:00 pm
Zhypher wrote:
Wed, 26 Feb 2020 5:36 pm
Hi,

Just want to know the chances in case i decide to apply for PR 5 years from now.
Age:34
Race: "Others"
Nationality: Filipino/Philippines
Job: Workforce Management Manager/Call Center background
Pass: S-Pass
Salary: 54k base per annum

1. Started working in SG last January 2019
2. Hoping to stay in SG for as long as the country allows me
3. I will "not apply" now but planning if in case on my 5th year or 6th year
4. I am married with 2 kids. Wife and kids are in the Philippines

In case my profile improves in the next 5 to 6 years. What will be the chances? Thank you. :-k :-k :-k
As long as you are in S Pass, your chances for PR is going to be very low
Thanks SF, I was hoping you or SMS will respond to me but even if i get an Epass, Personally i think the chances are still low, considering that i am from The Philippines. As far as probability is concerned, say i get an Epass and got a promotion. How much improvement will it make? Say from 0.01% to 0.10%? :-" :-" :-"
If you are on E Pass, salary has increased to around 6-7K+ per month and have worked on it for another 2 years, your chance may be 25-35%, provided you are in a much needed occupation in SG.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 36737
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Feb 2020 11:24 am

Zhypher, I have to agree with SF on this. You are going to be like a Salmon swimming upstream on this one. But, you have your foot in the door and you probably won't do any better anywhere in the region including home so, my advice is hang in there, do the best and earn the most that you can. When the time comes, apply for PR with the aforementioned knowledge that it's a long-shot at best, but always keep a Plan B ready as well, because, as you know, renewals are not a given any more. With longer experience salary must remain in tandem otherwise, with the constantly changing criteria, you may eventually find yourself on the short end of the requirements for any given pass.

Zhypher
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 5:09 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by Zhypher » Thu, 27 Feb 2020 12:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 27 Feb 2020 11:24 am
Zhypher, I have to agree with SF on this. You are going to be like a Salmon swimming upstream on this one. But, you have your foot in the door and you probably won't do any better anywhere in the region including home so, my advice is hang in there, do the best and earn the most that you can. When the time comes, apply for PR with the aforementioned knowledge that it's a long-shot at best, but always keep a Plan B ready as well, because, as you know, renewals are not a given any more. With longer experience salary must remain in tandem otherwise, with the constantly changing criteria, you may eventually find yourself on the short end of the requirements for any given pass.
Exactly what i have in mind. Nothing is impossible and everything is possible which can go both ways. The main goal is to keep my job and renew my pass.

Thank you SMS and SF for the honest feedback.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 36737
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Feb 2020 2:07 pm

Good Luck.

thesingboyboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 1:25 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by thesingboyboy » Thu, 27 Feb 2020 6:31 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 26 Feb 2020 10:36 am
thesingboyboy wrote:
Wed, 26 Feb 2020 10:27 am
thesingboyboy wrote:
Thu, 06 Feb 2020 6:22 pm
1. Hi, if I have a sister working in Singapore who is a work permit holder, does that count as a "family tie"? Will that affect the outcome of my future pr application?

2. A) Also, asking for my sister. My brother in law is an S pass holder whereas my sister is a work permit holder. Should my brother in law go ahead and apply for PR as a standalone application with or without my sister's name? Which one would have the better outcome?

B) Can my brother in law even include my sister in his application since my sister is a Work Permit holder?

P:S They were married in Malaysia and that was 4 years ago.
Hi, asked this in my own thread but didn't get any responses so I thought I should ask here.

Brother in law's profile:
Age:31
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Job: Chef
Pass: S-Pass
Salary: 35k-40k per annum

Sister's profile
Age:30
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Job: Sales Retail
Pass: Work Permit
Salary: 30k per annum

1) Does my brother in law have to include (not apply) my sister in his application since they are married?
2) Should my brother in law apply alone or apply together with my sister in ONE application since my sister is a work permit holder?
3) What are the chances of getting approved for my brother in law for a SINGLE application or WITH my sister in one application?

Question for myself:
1. If I have a sister working in Singapore who is a work permit holder, does that count as a "family tie"? Will that affect the outcome of my future pr application?
1. First ask your brother in law to apply alone for PR as if I am not wrong workpermit holders cannot apply for PR. Once he gets approved let your sister convert into LTVP, then after a few years to PR
2. Family ties matter most only if the relation is a SC, SPR or LTVP. It does not matter if the relative is an employment/work pass holder
Hi, can you confirm? So my brother in law should apply alone first right?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2317
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Feb 2020 6:47 pm

thesingboyboy wrote:
Thu, 27 Feb 2020 6:31 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 26 Feb 2020 10:36 am
thesingboyboy wrote:
Wed, 26 Feb 2020 10:27 am


Hi, asked this in my own thread but didn't get any responses so I thought I should ask here.

Brother in law's profile:
Age:31
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Job: Chef
Pass: S-Pass
Salary: 35k-40k per annum

Sister's profile
Age:30
Race: Chinese
Nationality: Malaysian
Job: Sales Retail
Pass: Work Permit
Salary: 30k per annum

1) Does my brother in law have to include (not apply) my sister in his application since they are married?
2) Should my brother in law apply alone or apply together with my sister in ONE application since my sister is a work permit holder?
3) What are the chances of getting approved for my brother in law for a SINGLE application or WITH my sister in one application?

Question for myself:
1. If I have a sister working in Singapore who is a work permit holder, does that count as a "family tie"? Will that affect the outcome of my future pr application?
1. First ask your brother in law to apply alone for PR as if I am not wrong workpermit holders cannot apply for PR. Once he gets approved let your sister convert into LTVP, then after a few years to PR
2. Family ties matter most only if the relation is a SC, SPR or LTVP. It does not matter if the relative is an employment/work pass holder
Hi, can you confirm? So my brother in law should apply alone first right?
Please re-read what I have written. It is clear

Post Reply


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests