Singapore Expats

Getting multiple employers to apply EP simultaneously

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
eren_jaeger

Getting multiple employers to apply EP simultaneously

Post by eren_jaeger » Mon, 03 Jun 2019 9:59 pm

Hello I have a prospective employer applying for EP for me which is currently under the process of approval. At the same time, another employer wishes to offer me a job and asked me to submit details for EP application.
To avoid the scenario where the first employer who had applied EP for me will fail due to EP application being rejected, can I proceed and let the other employer to apply EP for me so that I can have safe cushion? Is it advisable to do so? Or would MOM void the EP application from the second employer because there is already one undergoing EP application?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Getting multiple employers to apply EP simultaneously

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 04 Jun 2019 2:52 pm

Multiple applications are not an issue. HOWEVER. And this is important!

You better be sure that each and every job application you make you absolutely want because it is possible that you can really screw yourself up.

If you apply with one company, and are issued an IPA (In-Principle Approval) the only way another company can proceed is if the initial application is withdrawn by the employer (you will notice I said "employer"). If you want to burn the candle at both ends, in order to game the system, what can happen is unless the first employer is willing to withdraw the application, you will find yourself in the possible scenario of the first potential employer (holding the IPA) refusing to withdraw the IPA because of time and effort and possibly advertising, airfares, etc., etc. spent on a worthless potential employee, then I believe it takes either 3 or 6 months for the IPA to expire. Until that happens, no other company can apply as long as there is an outstanding IPA. And, no, you cannot got to MOM and withdraw it. Only the company that applied for it can withdraw it. So......

Be very careful.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

eren_jaeger

Post by eren_jaeger » Tue, 04 Jun 2019 3:49 pm

So u r saying that while a my EP application status is pending at the moment, I can still ask another company to submit EP application on my behalf? That would not be a problem?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 04 Jun 2019 8:37 pm

eren_jaeger wrote:So u r saying that while a my EP application status is pending at the moment, I can still ask another company to submit EP application on my behalf? That would not be a problem?

You can ask multiple companies to submit EP applications,

BUT

Let's say four companies submit applications on your behalf, companies A, B, C, D.

MoM approves the EP for company B and sends you an IPA. No EP or IPA can be issued for company A, C, or D, unless company B withdraws their EP application.

So, if you are thinking that applying for multiple EP's means you get to choose from all the companies, that is not correct. You will be working for the FIRST company that successfully gets you an EP, and it will be difficult to make that go away if you don't want to work for them.

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by brian_singapore » Thu, 06 Jun 2019 11:41 am

I suspect the OP is asking whether he can obtain multiple IPAs and then choose which one to honor.

I.e. akin to obtaining multiple job offers before choosing which employer to start with.

It seems the answer on this is no.

And to sundaymorningstable and strong eagles point - this tends to piss off employers and hiring managers.

ShashiGuru

Post by ShashiGuru » Wed, 14 Jun 2023 6:52 am

Hi eren, did you apply 2 EPs at the same time? If applied what was the outcome? There was any impact on 1st application? If A company got approved first and B company got approved later, did you ask company A to withdraw an IPA?

Your reply will be really helpful to me.

Thanks in advance