Singapore Expats

Is Value dollar shop, a good place to shop ?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Re: Is Value dollar shop, a good place to shop ?

Post by malcontent » Thu, 08 Apr 2021 2:03 pm

I’ll have to make myself a peanut butter and honey sandwich. My mom used to substitute whenever we ran out of jam, it’s pretty good.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 08 Apr 2021 2:29 pm

malcontent wrote:
Thu, 08 Apr 2021 2:03 pm
I’ll have to make myself a peanut butter and honey sandwich. My mom used to substitute whenever we ran out of jam, it’s pretty good.
Mmm... I’ll have to try that, sounds delicious. Back in Miami, my mom used to make “fluffernutter” sandwiches. It was pretty popular, just peanut butter and marshmallow fluff on bread.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Apr 2021 2:58 pm

I'm partial to peanut butter, mayo & banana sammiches. Preferably using the heel of the loaf.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 09 Apr 2021 12:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 08 Apr 2021 2:58 pm
I'm partial to peanut butter, mayo & banana sammiches. Preferably using the heel of the loaf.
Seriously?? That sounds like all my nightmares in one sandwich. I hate the end pieces of bread (too hard and stale tasting even when fresh), bananas (never have, never will), and only like Japanese Mayo. I can’t imaging how that would taste with some peanut butter.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Apr 2021 2:30 pm

Once you try it, you'll never go back. Everybody says the same thing until they actually try it. (The heel is just the same as the rest of the crust on the slice off bread. When a loaf doesn't last but a day in a household of 5 it not any staler than the last regular slice of bread. You can use regular slices but I usually only make a half sandwich so the heel folds nicely and doesn't come apart in your hands. Kind of like making it in a hotdog bun which can also be used!

https://www.food.com/recipe/peanut-butt ... ich-133295
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 09 Apr 2021 10:46 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 09 Apr 2021 2:30 pm
Once you try it, you'll never go back. Everybody says the same thing until they actually try it. (The heel is just the same as the rest of the crust on the slice off bread. When a loaf doesn't last but a day in a household of 5 it not any staler than the last regular slice of bread. You can use regular slices but I usually only make a half sandwich so the heel folds nicely and doesn't come apart in your hands. Kind of like making it in a hotdog bun which can also be used!

https://www.food.com/recipe/peanut-butt ... ich-133295
I’ll think about trying it if I’m ever feeling adventurous. For the most part I stick to nutella, peanut butter and honey, and plain old butter.