Singapore Expats

Singapore Citizenship Child by Descent

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Firzzeen

Singapore Citizenship Child by Descent

Post by Firzzeen » Tue, 28 May 2019 8:57 pm

This is Andy Lu and I am a Singaporean who is doing business in Brazil. I have some queries about the singapore citizenship child by descent.

I have been staying in Brazil for 2 years and I met my wife here. She is a Chinese who is working as Manager in ICBC (Brazil Headquarter). Now, she is pregnant and we are considering to reside back to Singapore in 5 years time. Due to her work and my business, we are unable to travel back to Singapore to give birth. We would like to seek your advice on the application of Singapore Citizen for my child.

Also, the success rate of my child getting the citizenship is it 100% if i apply online oversea for my child's citizenship application? would you advise us to give birth in Singapore instead to secure his citizenship? Because we loved Singapore and I would like my future children to have the best education and work environment when we reside back to Singapore.

Hope someone can give us good advise. Thanks.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Singapore Citizenship Child by Descent

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 28 May 2019 9:28 pm

I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Firzzeen

Post by Firzzeen » Tue, 28 May 2019 10:16 pm

i know this link but i just want to make sure my child get the citizenship without problems. through your experience, will there be any?

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Tue, 28 May 2019 10:39 pm

Firzzeen wrote:i know this link but i just want to make sure my child get the citizenship without problems. through your experience, will there be any?
Not sure if anyone has such experience in Brazil.

Maybe you can call up the Singapore Embassy in Brazil? This link does say that it provides Citizenship application service for child of SC born overseas.
https://www.mfa.gov.sg/Overseas-Mission ... r-Services

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 23 Aug 2022 5:09 pm

It does not matter. A pregnant woman cannot get on the flight if she is on her third trimester.
Give birth in Brazil and you can either apply on line or once she is able to fly, come home and get it done here in Singapore before the child reaches his or her first birthday. If one of you is a SC , you will be fine
Don't stress out . You are legally entitle to this little RED DOT if you are a SC
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Wed, 24 Aug 2022 8:07 pm

Right, booking a ticket and trying to force your way on the flight will just be a waste of money. Or you can just say your wife had a lot for dinner if you’re that desperate.