Singapore Expats

Living and Working at Keppel Bay?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
cmmoc

Living and Working at Keppel Bay?

Post by cmmoc » Tue, 28 May 2019 5:28 pm

Hi, I am relocating to SG in July with my 2 small children (4 and 5 years old). I will be working in Keppel Bay Tower and love the idea of living at Caribbean or Reflections at Keppel Bay.
the idea is that I would be able to walk to work and they would get the school bus to AIS. No husband so I rely a lot on my nanny. Everything I have read about this complex sounds like a great community and convenient.

Is this a feasible plan? I know it rains a lot and is hot and sweaty but is there a side gate at Caribbean to Keppel Bay Drive and realistically how long is the walk? Does anyone else do this?

We would not have a car as we wouldn't need one if my plan works out. Looking for a 2bed + Study or a 3 bedroom for under $6k a month. Love the ground floor condos with big patio but not sure if any will be available when we move.

Any advice or watch outs?

Search By

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Living and Working at Keppel Bay?

Post by abbby » Mon, 09 Sep 2019 10:01 pm

Where did you settle on in the end? Caribbean or Keppel looks like a nice and chill place to live.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

tt1973
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Living and Working at Keppel Bay?

Post by tt1973 » Mon, 09 Sep 2019 10:26 pm

Apartments at Caribbean at Keppel Bay are small and tired but should be more affordable than Reflectiions.

Reflections are newer but further and hotter to walk to Vivo city and Harbourfront MRT.

Both condos are huge, more than 1k units, so expect a crowded pool during weekends.

Then again, Singapore is tiny and is well linked by the subway. No place is really far within Sg. So for me, I rather stay slightly further away from the crowd and in a smaller condo.