Singapore Expats

Do local businesses (SMEs) require Social Media Marketing?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
JohnnySM97

Do local businesses (SMEs) require Social Media Marketing?

Post by JohnnySM97 » Sun, 26 May 2019 9:00 pm

Hey there everyone,
I was wondering if there is a demand for Social Media Marketing (SMM) Services in Singapore?
I have recently just ORD and was hoping to start a SMM Freelance/Agency to help businesses get more leads/customers through FB/IG Advertising. :oops:

I was thinking of cold calling/email business about my service or attend business meetups to share more about this. But I don't see many SMMA owners in Singapore (unlike the US,UK where there are many small agency owners) In Singapore there are only a few big digital agencies with fancy offices in the CBD area. So i'm pretty confused about what I should do ? I would say that I am kinda confident with my FB skills and Copywriting for leadgen and stuff. :mad: :mad:

I am stuck with : :???: :???:
how much should i charge for it? (excluding adspent for the ads paid by the business)
how do i draft an agreement to the business when I am about to close them ? (black and white agreement)

Background of me - I've used the FB ads manager for about 1.5 years during the army as I tried out drop-shipping (FB+Shopify). I managed to made about 8-10k profit after all but realize that drop-shipping was not sustainable/ brought any value to me. I wanted to build a REAL business not a cash cow. I have spent about 15-20k in adspent so i kinda understand the FB system and algorithm in some way? (whenever it updates i usually look up fb groups and discuss with more expert authorities.) :shock:

Thanks for any constructive Input! It's greatly appreciated O:) O:)

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Do local businesses (SMEs) require Social Media Marketing?

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 26 May 2019 9:40 pm

Walk down any street in Singapore. Observe the business names. Wang Wei Trading Pte Ltd. Zhang Min Trading Pte Ltd. Wang Yong Trading Pte Ltd. You have absolutely no idea whether the business sells hardware or nuclear reactors, and the people running them are so situationally unaware, it never occurred to them to put something into their business name that actually identifies what the business does... like Wang Yong Martial Arts Pte Ltd.

With the exception of a handful of shops that cater to the young crowd, small business in Singapore seems to have completely missed the idea that advertising could increase revenues. This is what you are up against.

shamafloral

Post by shamafloral » Mon, 27 May 2019 5:02 pm

Now a days mobile users are increased. So if you are planning to start local business. Then the social media marketing is needed for increase your sales. We have to focus online customers.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 27 May 2019 9:04 pm

tic...toc...tic...toc...

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JohnnySM97

Post by JohnnySM97 » Tue, 28 May 2019 12:00 am

@Strong Eagle
ohh no no no i wasnt talking about those mom and pop stores :D
I was referring to other business like lasik clinic,chiropractors etc (eg)

I was planning on niching down to these few categories
- Facial/spa centers (those in towns with 1-2 outlets)
- Interior Design firms
-Tuition Centers (Academic/Music schools etc.)

@shamafloral
Yes, that's so true, may I ask if you are a business owner yourself ?
If so, do you think It is this an acceptable range to charge clients ? ( I was thinking around 1.8k monthly retainer management + 700+/- Adspent on FB platform ) = 2.5k monthly spent
For managing,optimizing and running paid ads. The business will provide ALL creatives (pics/videos) for ads if not i will charge extra and get a freelancer to help me with it.
Simply putting it > I run ads to get them new leads(they have to close and followup themselves) for 2.5k per month.

Thanks for all the replies!