Singapore Expats

How can I sell my used car really fast. Time is not on my side. Need to relocate back to home urgently.

Have your burning questions answered relating to buying and selling cars and other vehicles.
Ryanho

How can I sell my used car really fast. Time is not on my side. Need to relocate back to home urgently.

Post by Ryanho » Sun, 26 May 2019 12:19 am

Hi other than going down the car dealers which are so hot especially at turf city. How can u get quotes for my car and have the dealers come to me instead. I need a fast and effective solution. Even if I go down I can't get quotes at once. Simply too many dealers around and I don't want to get ripped off my resale value. Pls help.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: How can I sell my used car really fast. Time is not on my side. Need to relocate back to home urgently.

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 26 May 2019 1:44 am

Are you familiar with this?
fastgoodcheap.jpg
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: How can I sell my used car really fast. Time is not on my side. Need to relocate back to home urgently.

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 26 May 2019 1:51 am

Go to carmart.sg and check prices for your model and year. Then advertise on the same website, at a price substantially below what you see. You can sell in a day.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 27 May 2019 8:43 am

Take it back to the dealer you bought it from. IME that's the quickest way. They know what you paid. Also second hand car prices here are simply paper value plus a nominal body value after the first few years. Papervalue can be looked up online. No one gives a toot what you owe on it by the ways so I hope you're not negative equity. If time is not on your side then forget selling it privately - it's impossible here to close a deal quickly on anything worth more than a few thousand as the purchaser will need a car loan which takes a week or so. IF you have a friend here you trust however sign a POA giving them the right to sell and they may succeed. The last car I sold here was a long time ago but I've sold a lot of motorbikes and it's a frustrating process to do it privately.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

joeyy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by joeyy » Tue, 01 Oct 2019 1:27 pm

:shock: Alternative you can actually consign your car with consignment agent. Put your car with them to sell , they will handle everything for you while you can relocate back to home. Upon sales of car, they will transfer you the amount/price agreed between. So convenient! :lol:

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 16 Jan 2021 3:13 pm

Put up a listing on SG car mart. It’s the biggest online platform to sell your car and if it is in good condition and listed at a reasonable price you’re sure to get interest very quickly.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Sun, 17 Jan 2021 11:28 am

put it online and keep the price attractive ie: lower than others by a little.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Sun, 17 Jan 2021 11:50 am

What car, condition, COE remaining etc?

If a good price, some people with cash could take it off your hands (pending mechanical assessment)

My wife and I have been talking about getting a car to deal with school needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more