Singapore Expats Forum

Landed PR

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Zenith

Landed PR

Postby Zenith » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 8:13 am

Hi,

I have a plan to apply for landed PR and i want to know if we already get the landed PR, can i work part time first until i get the full time job?

Your suggestion will be helpfull

Regards,

Zenith

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 9:19 am

How do you suppose you are going to get a landed PR?

Are you the spouse, child, or parents of a Singapore citizen or PR?
Are you a resident of Hong Kong?
So you already hold an EP?

The following people are qualified to get PR's

The following people are eligible to apply for Permanent Residenceship in Singapore:

Spouse or unmarried children (below 21 years old) of a Singapore Citizen/Permanent Resident,
Aged parents of a Singapore Citizen,
Employment Pass ( P or Q Pass ) Holders (you can apply as soon as you are issued one)
Investors/Entrepreneurs and
Hong Kong residents who satisfy certain guidelines

Hey

Postby Hey » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:02 am

Hi there Zenith or should I say vavi/unique/sa21. You still don't get it do you ?

tsk tsk

Postby tsk tsk » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:25 am

Strong Eagle, if you must know this zenith is a recent graduate of a no-hope Singapore private institute. because of his half-baked MBA, he's finding it difficult to get a job. It also doesn't help that his student pass is expiring soon so he's bordering on desperate. He keeps whining about how Singapore is obliged to give him a job upon graduation because, and get this, the educational institute promised so when they went on a marketing campaign in India. How silly can one be. The mod on expatsingapore.com got tired of his whining and booted him off the site. So, he now plys his trade here.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:45 am

tsk tsk wrote:Strong Eagle, if you must know this zenith is a recent graduate of a no-hope Singapore private institute. because of his half-baked MBA, he's finding it difficult to get a job. It also doesn't help that his student pass is expiring soon so he's bordering on desperate. He keeps whining about how Singapore is obliged to give him a job upon graduation because, and get this, the educational institute promised so when they went on a marketing campaign in India. How silly can one be. The mod on expatsingapore.com got tired of his whining and booted him off the site. So, he now plys his trade here.

Ahhh, yessss, I do recall a person complaining loudly about his state of affairs, and being thoroughly rebuffed by many about his insistence on a right to a job and a PR.

Bit of a pity, though. Life works so much better when one's plans are based on reality and not on how one thinks things ought to be.

Zenith

Postby Zenith » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 3:04 pm

Hi,

thanks for your expert advice. but i find one agency in my country that we can arrange for apply landed pr.

the qualification is :
1. Graduate
2. Under 50
3. submit all related documents
4. CV

I dont know can make it or not.

any advice?

zenith

Postby zenith » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 3:09 pm

HI tsk tsk,

i am a new member in here. U dont do blind jugdement ok?

please be polite , I am just asking the question in here. If u can help me to answer , please answer it.
if not just keep quiet

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 4:00 pm

Zenith wrote:Hi,

thanks for your expert advice. but i find one agency in my country that we can arrange for apply landed pr.

the qualification is :
1. Graduate
2. Under 50
3. submit all related documents
4. CV

I dont know can make it or not.

any advice?

Advice? Yes I have some advice. Go to the Singapore immigration website. Read it. You'll see the qualifications for PR just as I posted them. Print out a copy. Take it to the "agency" that will get you a PR. Ask them how they are going to get around the rules.

My question to you: Why is it when the requirements for a PR are clearly posted on the immigration website, you don't think they apply to you? If you could do what you are trying to do, everybody and their dog would be getting PR's right now. Trust me, that's not happening.

zenith

Postby zenith » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 5:21 pm

I just know dog want to apply a PR as well :lol:

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 5:33 pm

zenith wrote:I just know dog want to apply a PR as well :lol:

WOOF!